Thor X M Reader PT. 1

The Last Roses

Summary: After the events of Infinity War, Thor has nowhere else to go, and so your distraught and grief-stricken ex shows up on your door for a second chance at love;

Fandom: Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)

Pairing: Exes!Thor x Male Reader

Warning: Angst?

Characters: Thor, Reader

Extra(s): Spoilers from Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War

Word Count: 3,343

After what Thor would call his single worst failure, he stood there, shocked with his Storm Breaker at his feet. There was nothing else driving him. There wasn't anything else processing what was quite literally the worst week of his life. It all came to him in a huge flood of his emotions. Along with his feelings, came the sinking realization of what exactly he has done.

Thor couldn't help but think about his father, what would have happened if he'd just gotten to Midgard sooner. Maybe he could've prevented his father's death... Probably even Ragnarok. All he ever wanted in life was to live up to Odin's standards, maybe even exceed them.

Thor found some sort of weight settling on his shoulders. His shoulders slumped. His body slouched. The weight pushed the god onto his knees. The Wakandan winds started to blow harshly, bringing in the dark grey storm clouds.

If he could have prevented Ragnarok, the release of his sister would have never happened and then his best friends wouldn't have died. Surtur would have never destroyed his planet and his people would have never had to gather into one easy target.
Bolts of lightning started to jump and bounce off of Thor's body. The powerful appearance led everyone to back away from him immediately. Thunder roared in the distance and light flickered behind the clouds.

If Ragnarok had been prevented then when Thanos would have gotten to Asgard there would have been a considerable resistance. Possibly even the death of the Mad Titan before any more lives could have been discarded. His people wouldn't have been slaughtered.

Millions upon millions of lives could have been saved if he'd just been faster. If he'd just been stronger. If he'd just...
His brother. The way that Loki was just tossed aside without a second thought. The purple hue of Loki's face. The bloodshot look in his eyes. The last words to ever be uttered between the two.

"You really are the worst brother..."

"I assure you, brother: The sun will shine on us again," Loki whispered out before his neck was effectively snapped by Thanos.

Again... if he'd been stronger. He could've saved his brother.
If he'd just... gone for the head.

Thor let out a roar, his eyes glowing a brilliant blue as the bolts that were previously surrounding his body spread wildly. They attacked anything close, scorching trees and killing wildlife. The lightning that was previously kept contained behind the dark clouds, struck down to the ground aimlessly. Causing even more destruction. His bolt threatened to destroy the Wakandan defenses.

The great shield above Wakanda faltered, flickering and causing Thor the ground himself again.

Though, it felt good for what little bit of anguish he let out, this wasn't a safe place to think things over. The man clambered out of his position, gripping his ax in his hand

It started off with a few silent tears. Then the fat and heavy tears followed suit, rolling down his cheeks, "Damn it..." The god whispered to himself, his voice croaking.