Chapter 6

My class after Pre-Calc is the class right before lunch. Team Sports. Luckily for me, basketball counts towards my physical education credit so I get to use this class period as an extra practice time. I love having this class right before lunch because then I'm extra hungry after class and ready for lunch. I usually eat a small snack right before class, though, that way I don't pass out from low blood sugar. Which is why I take my time walking to the gym as I snack on a chocolate and peanut butter protein bar. No need to shove the bar down my throat for me to choke as I rush to class. That's a great way to throw it up.

I crumple the wrapper up in my hand as I take a swig of water to wash the protein bar down as I enter the locker room. I toss the wrapper in the trash can and then head for my locker. Since this is an elective and most of the kids in this class are on the basketball team, the locker room isn't overly crowded like the hallways and classrooms. Only a few guys are in here but I pay no mind to them as I go to my locker.

I may be gay and sometimes look at other guys but Ambrose is the only one to have ever captured my entire heart. I look at other guys because I appreciate the eye candy once in a while, but none of those guys ever hold a candle to Ambrose's beauty. And with Ambrose here now I can't even think about looking at another guy. Not only do I not want to get caught staring at a guy, but I definitely do not want Ambrose thinking I like anyone.

I let out a small frustrated sigh as I turn the dial on the lock. I'm frustrated that I can't let Ambrose know how I really feel if I want to at least be his friend. So far he's in my homeroom and two classes so I don't want him to hate me and have to suffer seeing him so much every day. Nope, that would be bad. That would be very bad.

I change into my gym clothes quickly before I grab my water bottle and head out to the gym. A group of boys stands around the coach and I realize with an annoyed sinking feeling that the group is larger than usual. Great, so we do have extras in here too then. I get closer and nearly panic when a boy with silver eyes turns around to make eye contact with me. What the hell? Why is he here too? Three classes before weren't enough? I panic inwardly as I stop next to Liam.

Liam is a good buddy of mine on the basketball team. We really only hang out during practice and games, though. Even after games when we have parties I don't really hang out with him. We have a good friendship, though, despite only hanging out for limited times. Liam is a nice guy who's great at basketball. Liam should have been voted captain of the team but Brandon got that title instead. Brandon and I have never gotten along because I don't approve of his bullying. He bullies people into getting what he wants, which is how he became captain of the team instead of Liam.

Liam has sandy blonde hair with dark brown highlights thrown in. He keeps the sides and back short but the front longer which he styles upward. He's tall at nearly six feet, just a few centimeters short which really annoys him. His eyes are light brown which I will admit are actually really pretty. His nose has a small bump on it from when he got hit in the face by a basketball our Sophomore year and broke it. He's built, too, since he lifts weights in his free time. Unlike me, Liam wants to go pro someday. I just love the sport and want to play it, I don't want to get so serious about it and go pro; I feel like that would take all the fun out of the game for me.

"Hey, man," Liam greets me as soon as he notices me stop next to him.

I give him a head nod as a reply. I'm too afraid to speak in fear of saying something stupid in front of Ambrose. I've been sort of lucky so far but sooner or later my luck is going to run out and I will make a huge fool of myself. Tripping twice the last period was enough for one day. Which is why I plan on saying the least I can during this period and focus on whatever we end up doing instead.