03: Past Selves

CHAPTER 1, PART 3:
Kim Taehyung, What Are You Doing to Me?!

Taehyung was astonished, the library was huge. Well, bigger than the one in his house. He looked behind him, seeing Jimin and Yoongi talking to someone. He shrugged it off, pretty sure of himself that they'll be fine.

He wasn't opted to read a book, he just wanted to sit down. Or even just browse the whole library. Try out "human interaction", or something.

Taehyung went to a section he was interested in, it had a glass box, in which there are lights to get a clear view of the book. With a string connected to the box and the other end connected to a magnifying glass. It was specifically made for old and special books.

Or just at least in this case, a children's book. There was already a book inside, a simple I Spy book. Taehyung chuckled, remembering having a fight with his dad when he was 6.

He demanded an I Spy book, even if his father thought it wasn't very educational for Taehyung.

The room was silent, the silence almost felt like it could suffocate someone, and yet, it was still very peaceful of a place.

As Taehyung enjoyed looking through the I Spy book, gently lifting it out from the glass casing to turn the page, he was clueless of the other student watching him.

Thinking he was just elegant.

Of course, the student was as blind as a bat at that moment. Not seeing a chair in front of him as he tried sneaking out.

The chair toppled over, making a loud thud. A few students batted an eye to the sound, including Taehyung. The student gulped, putting the chair back in place.

The male student also saw that his books have fallen off the edge of the table. Maybe the chair hit those as it fell. Taehyung placed the magnifying glass down, walking to the direction of the boy.

He didn't speak, picking up the books that fell off the table and helping the clumsy student. They both didn't speak, just not to disturb the other students.

The other student can't help but look at Taehyung's features, again with the same thought as everyone who's seen him. "You.. Kind of look like Kim Sooyeon." The student whispered. Taehyung chuckled.

"Yeah, I get that a lot." He said wittily. "Wait, are you her son?" The student asked once more, curious about Taehyung.

Taehyung only nodded, presuming to walk away after setting the books down back on the table.

The other male stopped him, grabbing his wrists and tugging onto him lightly. "Do.. Do you think you have time where we ca-" His sentence, cut off by the door slamming open.

Everyone shushed the newcomers, it was Yoongi, along with Jimin who looks like he's ready to risk his reputation and slap the hell out of Yoongi.

Yes, this was all from the incident with the principal.

"What are you doing?!" Jimin whispered, his voice mixed with anger and embarrassment. "I don't fucking know, but sooner or later it's gonna be Taehyung!" Yoongi said.

Yoongi speeded up to Taehyung, noticing the other male Taehyung is with. "Tae, why the hell are you with him." Yoongi asked, glaring at the other.

"I was helping him, as of now he's.. Nobody to me but just another student." Taehyung responded.

Jimin knew what would happen if he didn't separate Yoongi and the other student.

Those two had a past with each other, and some conflict too. "Okay, nice meeting you Namjon. Yoongi, let's go." Jimin smiled, dragging Taehyung and Yoongi out of the library.