Chapter 15

Home

Millie's POV:

"I'm still in love with Sadie."

Wow. My heart flutters with, not excitement. I don't know to be honest. I'm shocked. Beyond shocked if anything. Finn quickly steps back and freezes. I just feel regret radiating off of him as he stands there. As still as a brick wall, his heart basically pounding out of his chest.

"I- I'm so- sorry i-"

"Finn," Bless, he's so stressed.

I reached forward to grab his arm, but he quickly flinches away, causing me to also flinch as well.

"No Millie I shouldn't have said that." He stammered, running his fingers through his thick, black curls.

I kind of hesitate on what to say as I nervously cross my arms, observing the boy being eaten up by his anxiety.

"Fuck Millie, you can't just stand here and observe!" I angrily ponder.

I look at Finn as he stares at the floor, the sky, really anything but me. Breathing very heavily.

"Anxiety attack?" I ask myself.

I unfold my arms, taking a breath in and out before walking over to Finn.

"Finn..." I softly start.

"Millie can you please leave me alone." He mutters.

I ignore him, in mine and his best interest that he doesn't do anything.

"Finn please," I whine.

"Millie go!" He snaps, causing me to flinch at the sudden loudness.

I take a deep breath, still looking at him. I snap out of my daze, turning around and making my way to the doors. I wrap my hand around the door bar, looking down but turning my head. I could smell the regret and anxiety dripping off Finn. I feel really bad. I mean, sure he loves Sadie but, what's the major issue with that? I'm not sure but whatever it is, it must be pretty bad. I slowly look up at the boy, still looking at the floor.

"I won't tell her Finn." I say, softly smiling at him before making my way through the doors.

✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼✼

I take a small breath in, before entering Sadie's room. It's hard like, seeing her like this. She's not the best at opening up, and if she does, tends to make a joke or get mad at herself for feeling. 'weak'. I'm not sure why but it's how her brains wired. She never gets sad in front of others just. Really mad.

"Mills!" She says, pure joy in her tone.

"Hey babe!" I chime back, shuffling closer and embracing her into a hug.

I smell the slight scent of apple blossom for her neck. I miss her, you know, the 'old' Sadie. She was so happy, pure happiness just beaming off of her cheeks as she smiled. I'm not sure what happened like, ever since Finn left, she just. Changed.

We both release from our hugs; I look into her glistening eyes. She's my home. My home.

"I love you." I say, tears in my eyes.

"And I love you more." She says, softly smiling.

I ponder over to Noah, sitting on his lap. No, not in a sexual way, he's like a brother to me- no that's even worse. We're just very close but, not in that way.