Chapter 16

So My Darling

Millie's POV:

He drives into Gaten's beaten up driveway. His house it basically a junkyard. He lives alone and is a drug addict, you wouldn't be able to tell so much when you first meet him but, you get to know the rest him and it's not hard to miss. I go to climb out the car and Noah softly grabs my arm.

"Are you sure you want to go in?" He asks concerned.

I take a deep breath in and out, closing my eyes.

"Y- yes, yes I do." I stutter.

The last time I was here, it turned into a big fuck up as we tried to get Gaten help. It turned into yelling, punching, smashing almost anything he could get his hands on. It wasn't a pretty site whatsoever so, now we've all accepted it's better to. Help from a distance.

Noah and I get out the car, making our way to the front door. Noah didn't hesitate to walk in, as the door is unlocked or broken 90% of the time. We walk in and the smell of weed slaps me across the face. In my opinion I find it gross, my body is my sacred place I wouldn't want to put something like THAT into it but, I don't hate on anyone's choices. There life, not mine.

As we walk through the house, stepping over all the junk scattered around his home. It's a dark house, very little of the lights works and the ones that do aren't very bright. We peak into the rooms we pass until I finally here Finn's chuckle from the back room. Noah and I look at each other before picking up our pace, shuffling to the room. We get to the room and see Finn and Gaten playing pass the parcel with a bong. They don't notice us at first until Noah speaks up.

"Finn, dude it's late let's get home!" Noah spoke.

I stood closely behind Noah as I see the boys slowly tilt their heads up. It isn't late at all, it's like around 10am. Not that Finn or Gaten would realise anyways.

"Fuck off!" Finn groans, grabbing the bong of Gaten, filling his lungs with smoke and blowing it into Gaten's face.

The boys laugh at Finn's actions before passing on the bong. Noah turns his head looking at me. I just look at him and shrug my shoulders, I'm so lost on what to do. I guess Noah could always do the simple 'we're leaving whether you like it or not' type of act but, last time we did that, with Gaten at least, didn't go to plan. I don't and can't leave him here, I know I can't. it's Finn, he's not meant to be like this.

I get lost in my thoughts of what to do, hearing light muffles of the boys slurred conversations. I could always say 'Sadie's in danger' but, that'll razzle him up so I'm not going to do that. I could pull the 'your dad just got home Finn,' but he's too high to give a fuck. Wait. How about I, 'mother him.' I know it sounds really cringey, but I mean, it's worked in the past so maybe it'll work again? I know Finn might do something simple like, I don't know, show me where the bathroom is. So that's the plan, I make my way down the hall and into the filthy kitchen area. I gag at the smell of old food and wet rags all over the kitchen.

"Okay Millie, you have to do this." I mentally prepare myself as I grab an old, moulded dish of sloshy food and pour it down the front of me.

The smell is horrendous, I almost throw up the oatmeal I ate earlier.

"Ew, ew, ew, ew!" I whisper as I chuck the bowl back into the sink.

I make my way back down the hall and stand in the doorframe of the room. Noah spots me, cringing at the smell and looking at me confused.

"Millie what the fu-" I stomp on his foot before he continues.

"U- um Finn, can you be a doll and show me the bathroom? I knocked a plate and the old food fell onto me!" I nervously giggle, mentally praying this works.

The young boys bloodshot eyes look into mine, it takes him a while to click as too what I meant but in return I get;

"Ugh fine!" He groans, his limp arms lifting him up.

He stumbles to the door, glaring at Noah as he passes both me and his through the door. he stumbles in his steps as I follow closely behind him, putting my arms out when I feel like he's going to fall.

"Here." He opens the door and walks in.

I smile at him as he gives a childish smile back and giggling. He takes a couple wobblily steps back as I shut the door behind me, discretely locking it so he wouldn't notice. I make my way to the rusted sink, turning on the tap watching the water spurt out of the tap. I scrub some of the food up, seeing Finn staring into nothingness, his eyes lazy and red. Filled with. Sadness. I frown as I look at him from the mirror. I ring my shirt out, turning around and facing the tall boy. I grab his hand, snapping him out of his daze.

"Hey, why don't we go home?" I softly ask, squeezing his hand.

"N- no." He snapped.

I'm not as scared of Finn's actions, as he's not one to get violent with a girl. Ever. He never has which is what makes him so, special.

"C'mon love, you look tire-"

"Fuck off!" demanded, trying to push pass me.

I quickly pace to the door, standing in front of it.

"Finn we're going home, now!" I rage at him.

He makes me so mad, that this is how he thinks this is his best escape. He was clean for so long; he was going so well and now. Now I can't even recognise the happy Finn anymore.

"Millie move!" He shouts, turning and slamming his hands into the wall with anger.

"No Finn!" I feel tears of anger in my eyes.

"I'm not fucking moving!" I cry.

I can tell that he's slightly taken back by my actions.

"Millie just move..." He says a lot quieter.

"NO! Finn I'm not fucking moving!" I scream.

I've burst. I didn't mean too, it's not my place nor the best time either, but it's happened. I hate seeing Finn like this, my best friend. No one wants to see their best friend doped up on weed and what knows what else too. He stands the silent, his blank stares making me shiver. Tears falling down my cheeks.

"I- I'm sorry." He says in a dull tone.

I roll my head back as I try to think of something to say. I'm not sure why I'm getting so emotional. As I roll my head back forward, I notice Finn's nose had started bleeding. I rush forward, examining his face.

"Finn what else have you fucking done!" I yell, grabbing the dirty town off the edge of the sink, using it to wipe up the blood.

His face stripped of any colour as his eyes slowly start to roll back.

"No no! Finn stay awake!" I exclaimed, lowering both mine and his bodies onto the floor.

"I'm sorry Millie." He says, broken.

"Fuck fuck fuck!" I hiss at myself as I hold his head into my chest.

I can still feel him breathing, quite fast. But still breathing. I stroke his hair as the boy passes out in my lap. I'm worried but, not too worried. This has happened before, the verbal argument never this emotional but, the downhill of the drug effect, the same routine.

"you are my best friend Finn," I say softly.

"remember I'll always love you." I say, lightly pecking the top of his head.
-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—
Author's Note:

Here's a bit of a shitty chapter but I needed to write something! Hope you enjoy the little Finn and Mills best friend moment🥺

KJ XOXO