Chapter 26

To Want Love, You Must Fear It

Sadie's POV:

My eyes flutter open as the morning light shines through his window. I cringe at the blinding light shining in my face, lifting my arm up to shield my eyes. I grunt as I roll over. My body, well, my head in pain. I find the strength in my weak arms to lift myself up to a seated position. I scan the room, it's not mine.

"Where am I?" I mumble as I rub my eyes.

I bring myself to my feet, a rush of dizziness hitting me as I stand up. I brush it off, walking out of the bedroom and down the hall. I scan the hallway as I ponder in my own thoughts.

"What even happened last night? I was at Millie's, now I'm at-"

"Oh, look who decided to wake up!" I hear a boy's voice chime.

Followed by another boy's chuckles.

"Finn? Jack?" I question tiredly as I stand just in front of the kitchen area.

"Indeed, it is, want something to eat?" Jack asks, getting up from the kitchen bench.

"U- uh yeah, sure." I say, running my hands through my hair.

I slowly make my way over to the kitchen bench, taking a seat on the stool that lives under the bench. I rest my head in my hands as the throbbing gets worse and worse.

"So, Sade's, remember anything?" Finn asks, taking a sip from juice.

I huff, lifting my head out of my hand, twisting my body to face the boy at the kitchen table.

"I-um no, I don't." I say, with a small smile.

"So, no recalling of throwing up on Finn comes around?" Jack says, sliding a glass of orange juice to me.

I choke on nothingness as I don't even remember doing such a vile thing. Finn nervously chuckles as I feel my cheeks heat up.

"I- I'm so sorry Finn, I um-" I feel myself rambling as I try make an excuse.

"Hey, it's fine." He cuts me off with a sympathetic smile.

I awkwardly smile back, turning my head and taking a sip of my Orange juice.

__

"Thank you for last night." I say, hugging Jack as he makes his way outside.

"All good Sade's, I've missed you." He pulls away smiling before walking out the door.

"I'll text you!" He yells at Finn from the front yard.

"Got it!" Finn yells back, waving.

I smile at the shorter clone of Finn before closing the door and turning to see Finn. I let out a breath, looking up at the tall boy in front of me.

"Did I...?" I ask, indicating about my freak-out moments I have.

He quickly breaks eye contact, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Uh, H- how was last night?" He tries walking away to avoid the question.

"Finn!" I shout.

"Okay yes you did, you did." He has his back to me, his hands slightly in the air.

"Shit, shit, shit! Finn I'm sor-"

"Don't be." He mumbles.

"H- huh?"

"Don't be sorry, it wasn't your worst." He slightly turns his head, a small smile appearing.

"But, I'm still sor-"