A Step Closer

For moments that felt like hours, lavender eyes bored in empty ones. Neither moved a single inch while the anticipation for the first move kept rising.
In the blink of an eye, a needled tail came shooting for the wolfs chest. The tail was caught just before the blade could pierce its target. With a hard yank, the Nomu was brought to Izuku who clutched his other hand around the Nomus throat. He continued the momentum and swung the beast around and against a building.

It was best for this fight to end as soon as possible so he took the chance and went for the head. The wolf was met with a hard kick from the front legs of the Nomu that sent him to the buildings on the opposite side of the street. The crash against the structure was damaging but didn't quite bring it down. Nomu regained its footing and charged the wolf. Thanks to his agility, the attack was dodged to the side. Now, the Nomu had a burly fist dug deep into the wall. Izuku used this opportunity to charge a small percent of OFA into a powerful right hook.

The force sent the beast smacking with several buildings down the street and finally came to a stop when it collided with an abandoned fire truck. The Nomus landing placed it behind the vehicle after making it flip from its impact. Ragnarök chased after his opponent but was stopped short when the truck began to raise and saw that it was being lifted by the Nomu.
With frighteningly little effort, it was thrown with tremendous power as it soared down the street. The wolf simply raised both arms that became empowered by OFA. The connection made a horrible thud as its speed was heavily slowed and caused the wolf to slide backwards several yards.

When both stopped, Ragnarök had the truck in his own claws and lifted it above his head. Nomu was rushing towards him again with speed that equaled its strength. Ragnarök turned to where the trucks front was facing the incoming monster. With his own power, the wolf threw the truck like a large spear. Although the velocity behind the vehicle was the same as before, that didn't stop the truck from being knocked away in a single punch as the Nomu maintained it charge.

Ragnarök met the Nomu as their hands clashed together that stopped both in their tracks from the opposing force. The shockwave from the collision cracked the ground beneath them and shattered any nearby windows that weren't already broken. Both unstoppable forces pushed on one another before the needled tail went for another move. Too bad the wolf was already one step ahead.

Clenched fangs separated to release a smoke cannon that blasted the Nomu straight in the chest. The powerful attack launched the centaur the rest of the way down the street and through a building at the end.
Izuku gave chase when the cannon emptied.

The Nomu was in lying in an opening now, with it on its side. It was inside some sort of small park where it was still healing the barely operational chest cavity. Then, it turned its attention to the hole from where it came from.
Through the smoke, glowing lavender eyes glared from the dark building. A dark furred hand with shining purple veins emerged from the darkness and gripped the edge of the broken wall, claws digging into the concrete.

Although the Nomu couldn't feel fear, the scene would have made anyone else revaluate their life decisions; hero or villain. The rest of the wolf emerged just as the Nomus chest was regenerated.
Ready to fight once more, the monster dashed to its target. It didn't get far before Ragnarök opened its mouth again and the Nomu was incased in a tomb of indigo flame. It screeched horrible sounds that no man should have to experience to listen as its body was being scorched by mercilessness fire.

The Nomu dropped to the ground and was still screeching, but it was getting weaker. Soon, it was pathetic grunts and squeals.

Then. Silence.

The only thing to be heard was the thriving flames as it ate away at the body of the defeated centaur.
Izuku's instincts told him to howl for his victory against the opposing apex. Just as he lifted his head, a sharp pain intruded on his leg. Without thinking, he brought down a hand and smashed the unknown attacker.