Im yer dad

Steve and Tony and now back at the meeting table. Fury stand at the head looking grim.

"These were found in Coulson's possession. Guess he never did get you to sign them, huh." He says as he pulls some bloodied captain America trading cards out of his suit and throw them at the table. He sighs

"We're dead in the air up here, our communications, our location of the cube, Banner, Thor, I got nothing for you." As he speaks, the other two present look sullenly look at the now red cards thrown about the table. "Lost my one good eye... maybe I had that comin. Yes, we were going to build an Arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number tho because I was playing something riskier." He starts to move around the table, closer to the others. "There was an idea, and Stark knows this, it was called the avengers initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they can come together when we need them to, to fight the battles that we cannot." He takes in a breath. " Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea." Tony tenses at these words, Nick looks towards him before continuing. "Died believing in heros." Tony stands, turns, and leaves the room without saying a word. Fury watches him leave. "Well," he says,"maybe it's an old fashioned notion.

———————

Clint wakes up, he's strapped to a table and his head is burning. The world is strange and distorted and he feels as though he's just woken up from a very long nightmare. The pain in his head is so intense that he's panting, but Natasha is at his side, keeping him down.

"Cmon, you're going to be alright." She says in good faith but, in the position he's in currently, it feels like an insult.

"You know that?" He laughs a pained laugh,"Is that what you know?" He clenching and unclenching his fists, trying to distract from the pain. He says something unintelligible. Natasha gets up to pour him some water.

"You gotta level out, it's gunna take time." She says.

"You don't understand... you ever have someone play with your brain?" Clint asks, sounded completely drained of life. "To have someone pull it out and stuff something else in?" He pauses. "You know what it's like to be unmade?"

"You know that I do." She responds coldly. Clint looks down, ashamed to have brought up bad memories.

"Why am I back?" He asks, changing the topic. "How did you drown it out?"

"Cognitive recalibration." Nat states matter-of-factly. "I hit you really hard on the head."

"Thanks." Nat looks up at him at this, finally trusting that he's him again. She starts to undo his restraints as he speaks again.

"Natasha, how many people did-"

"Don't." She cuts him off. "Don't do that to yourself Clint. This is Loki, this is... monsters and magic and stuff we were never trained for."

"Loki, did he get away?"

"Yea, but we did get something of his before he left. Do you remember him?" She asks, leaving Clint somewhat confused.

"Remember who?"

"His son. Steve knocked him out just like I did you. Actually he's probably awake by now." She stands up from where she was sitting, so does Clint.

"Should we go see him?" Clint asks. Nat doesn't answer, she just head towards the door where Clint follows.

———————

When Peter wakes up it takes a moment to process where he is.

"Uugghh, five more minutes May.."He says, swatting away the hand that was on his shoulder. What he hears next is definitely not Mays voice.