March 15, 2018

When the doubts come, trials come, dismay and discouragement surround, press forward. Run to Jesus. Don't stop worshiping until the hindrance is lifted.

The Lord is Owner and Possessor of all, every single aspect of our life, including our work. Let Him take reign. Submit joyfully to His rulings. Don't assume the Name of Jesus is a "talisman". The prosperity gospel is a lie. Rather, serve as if you were serving Him, remembering, "if you do it for the least of these...". Be sensitive to His leading, and obedient to His voice. Worship in your work.

Psalm 119

Be sincere in your seeking the Lord. He sees the heart, motives, etc. Your soul shouldn't be treated casually, but with utmost care (v2). Who will deliver me from this sinful flesh? (v5). Never take Your Spirit or presence from me (v8). Watch your step. Be diligent in your walk with God (v9).

Bind my wandering heart to Thee! (v10.) Be teachable, not wise in your own conceits (v12). Don't be mere hearers of the Word, but doers also (v16).

Godliness with contentment is great gain. With Christ, I have all I need. Just to be in communion with Him is better than all (v14). May we seek to be of service to God for His glory. (v17).

Give me understanding. Give me revelation. Reveal Yourself to me. It's the Spirit that gives understanding (v18). We are pilgrims, this world is not our home (v19). Pride goes before a fall (v21). Give me discernment (v27). Give me wisdom.

He who endures to the end will be saved (v33). Sincerely follow after God (v34). Direct me onto the highway of holiness (v35). Give me strength so I don't faint. Help me not to subject my heart, mind, eyes, ears etc to evils (v37).

True and righteous are all of His ways (v39). Held me endure, be completely committed to Christ (v44). Give me holy boldness to own You before man, without shame, fear and never denying You. Help me to be constant without ever backsliding (v44,46). The Word of God is my solace in affliction (v50). Recall His track record and faithfulness. He doesn't change (v52). Jesus! My Prize, my glory, my Reward. (v57).

The Lord called me to repentance. I won't delay to confess and seek His forgiveness (v59). May my spirit commune with the Lord even in the night hours (v62). Seek like friendships with fellow believers(v63). The wisdom of the Lord is foolishness with man who know not God (v66). The Word of God is priceless (v72).

The Lord made me, He knows me best (v73). It's mercy when the Lord stops us from sin (v75). The Lord has given us a sound mind and truthful words we can stake our life on (v80). Never deny the Lord (v87). He who began a good work in you... depend on the grace of God (v88).

The grass will wither, the flowers fade, but the Lord's Words are established forever! (v89). The Lord is the everlasting Creator, His creatures all serve Him, doing His bidding. Nature worships and obeys, why are we, the redeemed, so obstinate? (v90-91).

The Lord's Spirit makes me alive and alert. (v93).

Seek to please the Lord in truth and sincerity (v101). Buy wisdom and sell it not (v104). The Word of God is Light. It gives guidance and clear instruction for everyday. (v105). Separate from evil doers (v115). Our lives are in the hands of God- no safer place (v117). Give me the assurance of salvation, the sure seal of redemption (v122).

We can't mock, dismiss or ease over sin. Those who love God abhor sin. It's a dreadful thought to backslide and grieve the Holy Ghost (v128). It simplicity of Christ and His Gospel is clear to understand. (v130). All God does is right, just and holy (v137). There is no room for pride. In stark contrast to the gloriousness and greatness of Christ, I am most despicable. (v141).

Be continuous in prayer. Give yourself to prayer (v147).

Every Word is true, faithful and dependable (v152). The Lord is our Advocate, Intercessor and Mediator (v154). Don't fear, trust God (v157). Every Word is faithful (v160). Treasure the Lord and His Word more than anything. Nothing is more valuable. Give all for the Lord. He is more than enough. My Savior, my all in all. (v162). We cannot praise God enough or run out of reasons to do so (v164). The Lord and the Lord alone is the Source of all peace. There is so much comfort in His Word (v165).

The Lord's eyes scan the earth. He sees all! This should keep us watchful against sin. (v168).

I want more of You. I want to know You more. I can't ever get enough (v169). Seek me O God. Never give me up to my own ways (v176.)

Genesis 18

May it be our  constant prayer- pass me not by! Pass not away from Thy servant.

Be clean and organized, ever ready to be hospitable. Be given to hospitality to all. (Hebrews 13:2).

Use the question (rhetorical) the Lord asked, knowing deep in your soul the answer: "Is anything too hard for the Lord?"

God does nothing lest He reveal it to the servants His prophets.

It's our duty as parents to guide our children in the ways of righteousness, and to be honest, sincere and devout.

All sin, including homosexuality, is grievous to the Lord.

Abraham stood in the gap! Linger in His presence. How merciful the Lord is. Should He count today... would He find enough to spare the nation? Who is praying?

Philippians 2

There is solace and encouragement to be found in Christ. No room for pride, especially in the servant of Christ.

Support and help each other. The Lord became "us" but without sin, stooping from His glory, as the prime example of humbleness and servitude.  Praise the Lord! Forgive our pride.

Jesus! Such power in His Name. Every knee will bow. Every tongue declaring Jesus is Lord!

Don't judge other souls, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Don't complain and grumble but seek to glorify the Lord in all you do. Strive for holiness. Shine, so Jesus receives glory. Nothing given to God is in vain.

Seek friendship with those who truly love the Lord. Trust God. Praise Him for His mercy. Rejoice always. Of all people, we have the most reason to be joyful! Be kind, love, accept those others who labor also for the sake of Christ. Live, not holding anything back. To live is Christ. To die is gain.

 To die is gain