_3_

Annabeth POV

"Annabeth?"

I looked up from where I had fallen after full-on crashing into someone.

"Grover?" I asked.

"Oh my gods Annabeth are you okay?"

I broke down into tears. Grover looked really alarmed. Probably because Annabeth Chase never cries. He just helped me stand up before giving me a huge hug. 

Eventually I calmed myself down enough to the point that Grover could lead me over to a bench in the royal gardens (A/N: did I already say she ran into the gardens?). We sat down and I put my head in my hands.

"Annabeth what in the name of the gods happened?" Grover asked. He sounded really concerned and I had known Grover forever. I could tell him, right?

"I-I..." I studdered. Gods Annabeth stop studdering. You sound like an idiot Annabeth. Get it together.

"I d-d-didn't get picked for the selection." I had never officially told Grover that I had a crush on Percy but I think he always knew.

"Oh my gods Annabeth I'm so so sorry."

"Y-yeah well-l," I hiccuped, "I c-can't do anything about it so..."

Grover just hugged me and I laid my head on his shoulder. We stayed like that until Grover had to get back to work in the gardens. He suggested that I head inside and wash my face first. Good idea I thought.

So, with one last quick hug from Grover, I composed myself and walked back into the castle. 

Once inside I quickly hurried up to my room and into my bathroom. I didn't think anybody had seen me but just to be sure I made sure to turn off my bedroom lights and only have the bathroom lights on. I washed my face and then collapsed on my bed. As I lay there, I thought about everything that had happened and a few tears made their way down my cheeks. Why did I have to fall for my best friend? I twisted the beads on my beaded necklace. Something Percy and My's friends all had. We got one at the end of each summer marking an important event that had happened that year. I had hoped this year's bead would have something to do with Percy and I getting together. 

My hopes for that had been crushed the second my name wasn't picked for the selection.

A/N: Okay so here's a chapter from Annabeth's POV. I hope that if anyone is reading this that they liked it!! Please please please vote and comment on ideas for the story. I have the plot but commenting ideas for different twists would be cool. The chapters are probably going to be relatively short each time I write one but I will try to update more often because of that. Okay bye.