two

rich and powerful :: penny

The next thing I know, I'm inches away from Luke Skywalker in one of the smuggling compartments.

 Han put us next to each other on purpose, I just know it. I'm gonna kill that stupid son of a bitch.

 The second Han opens the hatch I crawl out. He's bickering with Ben, but I've tuned it out because for some reason the only thing I can think about is how close I was to Luke and how he smelled faintly of oranges.

 There's no Alderaan, so when does this all end? Is it going to end at all?

 Are these guys gonna be stuck with us forever?

"But they're going to kill her!" Luke practically screams.

 "Better her than me," Han replies in almost the same volume.

"Shh!" I hush the two of them. "We need to get off this deathtrap somehow. I'm sorry Luke, but we can't save her."

 The blond boy huffs. And then his face lights up, and he says, "She's rich."

 "Rich?" Han and I say aloud at the same time.

 "Yes," Luke assures us, "Rich, powerful! Listen, if you were to rescue her, the reward would be..."

 "What?"

 "More wealth than you can imagine."

 I feel my eyes grow wide. With money from this princess that's supposedly on the ship and the money we're getting from Ben, I could fully repair the Falcon, with plenty leftover.

 "I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit!" Han is too stubborn for this kid.

 "You'll get it!" Luke smiles.

 "I better."

 "You will..."

 And now I'm handcuffed. Luke holding my arms, while Han holds Chewie's. While Chewie and I have to pretend to be prisoners, they get to walk around as Stormtroopers. The two lead us into an elevator, and I pull away from Luke's hands.

 "Why do you two get to be Stormtroopers?" I ask. "Han, you could've been a prisoner with Chewie."

 Chewie lets out a small roar in agreement.