Fire 08

Perfect

"H-heathcliffe."

Buti na lamang hindi nila ako nakita, patuloy lamang akong nagtatago sa likod ng pader at pagkwan ay sumisilip-silip. I know I should be minding my own business but my curiosity is killing me big time.

"Ngayong nakulong na ang stalker mo, sa tingin ko'y dapat na nating itigil ito," seryosong sambit ni Heathcliffe kay Selene.

I felt like I was watching a drama and all that's missing is a bucket of popcorn. I can't believe Heathcliffe has a girlfriend! Akalain niyo iyon, may papatol sa unggoy na ito. But I don't really support interspecies relationship, so it's a no for me.

"H-Heathcliffe, w-wala ka bang naramdaman p-para sa akin?" tanong ni Selene.

"Wala," maagap na sagot ni Heathcliffe.

Right now, I want to smack Heathcliffe in the head for his rudeness. I mean, Vice President Selene is a catch, how could he blatantly answer like that without even sugarcoating his words. It's evident that Selene was hurting, and her pain probably doubled with his answer.

"K-kahit kaonti?"

He heaved an exasperated sigh, "I'm sorry, Selene. But I only agreed to your request to help you get rid of your stalker. Now that he's incarcerated I don't see any point of continuing this pseudo relationship."

I was actually astounded with how formal Heathcliffe sounded, his voice was stern, he's wearing a pokerface with his unhumorous eyes, unsmiling and adhering strongly to what he wants. Right now.. It's as if I'm looking at a businessman. It's the first time I've seen this side of him.

"Well, Heathcliffe, I like you and I'm not sorry. I want to make it real," Selene asserted fiercely and boldly.

"The problem, Selene, is that I don't. The feeling isn't mutual," Heathcliffe monotonously uttered.

Selene's brows shot up.

"Do you have someone you like? Huh, Heathcliffe? You like that ki-"

"I don't. Don't meddle with my personal life. This is the end, Selene. Good bye," maagap na sambit ni Heathcliffe.

His voice faltered at the beginning, as if he was taken aback from what Selene said. He turned his back against her and was about to leave but Selene grabbed her arm.

"Then, try me, Heathcliffe. Try to make our relationship real, wala ka namang nagugustuhan diba. There's no harm in trying," pagsusumamo ni Selene.

Heathcliffe tried untangling her hands from his arms but she wouldn't budge.

Napasinghap ako noong hinapit ni Selene papalapit sakaniya si Heathcliffe para siilin ng halik.

Nakahinga ako nang maluwag dahil muntik lamang  magtama ang kanilang labi, buti na lamang at naigilid ni Heathcliffe ang kaniyang ulo. Tumama lamang ang labi ni Selene sa pisngi ni Heathcliffe.

Bahagya ring naitulak ni Heathcliffe si Selene dahil sa gulat.

I don't know why but it felt like watching a thriller movie. I can actually hear the loud beating inside my chest, and how it relaxed after Selene's attempt failed.

Tumama ang tingin ko sa mga braso ni Selene na nakapalupot sa leeg ni Heathcliffe. There's this voice inside my head that's telling me to remove those arms myself. I'm itching to come in front of them and drag Heathcliffe away from her. Who knows what other desperate moves she would pull?

I actually did respect our student council Vice President. I did look up to her but after seeing her like this, I don't know anymore. I know people do crazy things for love but you don't have to lower your dignity for a man who clearly isn't interested.