The One With Superhero School

-Centium City-
Zadie's POV:

Chase and I were headed back to the penthouse after he helped me put together my new desk. Long story short, I should not have asked Chase to do it. It was worse than when I used to have to hold the flashlight for my dad.

"Remind me to never ask you for help putting together furniture again," I told him.

"Zadie, you were the one who confused a screwdriver and a hammer."

"Okay, well..." I trailed off, "yeah, I guess that was my bad." We got in the elevator to go up to the 110th floor, "I was kinda hoping that my roommate would've been there. She told me when she moved in that she's super interested in how bionics work."

"Well, did you tell her about it?"

"Chase, I confused a screwdriver and a hammer. You really think I'd be able to explain how bionics work?" I laughed.

He shrugged, "fair enough" and opened the door.... to a fire. "What the-?" Luckily, he thought to grab the fire extinguisher and put it out before it spread past the coffee table.

And then Davenport ran down the stairs... in a tight-fitting t-shirt and leggings. "I heard an explosion. Did we get attacked by shapeshifters again?"

Chase looked at him and judged, "No, but could you cover up? I'm seeing a few too many shapes shifting over there." He handed Davenport the blanket from the couch.

"Davenport, it looks like you've been shopping in the girls' side at LuluLemon," I commented, referring to his outfit.

"Well, actually,"

I shook my head, "Nope. Forget I said anything."

He rolled his eyes, going back to the original problem, "What happened?"

"I'm guessing a combination of gravity and middle age." Kaz referred to Davenport.

"To that."

"Oh, well, um, Oliver was talking about science, I got bored, I yawned, something flew out of my mouth, and voila! I set the table on fire."

"He found another superpower. It's a fire grenade." Oliver added.

"Fire grenade? That's lame." Kaz smiled, "I'm calling it my yawn bomb."

"Yeah, cause that's much better."

Chase clarified, "so wait, you just discovered something you didn't even know you had? How many powers were in that space rock?"

"That's tough to say. I mean, it didn't really come with a manual." Kaz shrugged, "and even if it did, I probably wouldn't read it."

"It reminds me of when you guys would unlock new abilities accidentally. Like with your molecular kinesis at school." I pointed out.

Davenport agreed, "Zadie has a point. It's just like that."

Chase got sarcastic with the two of us, "Oh, yeah. Except that our abilities come from a highly advanced infrastructure, and theirs come from a magic witch pebble. Whoo!"

"Don't get an attitude. I was just saying it reminded me of that." I sassed.

"Either way, this is a great opportunity for the team. We could teach them to hone their abilities the way I trained you."

"Superhero school That sounds like fun."

"School? Ugh, boring..." Kaz yawned...causing a fire to the umbrella stand, which Chase put out. "Well, that's the last time that umbrella stand attacks us."