The One With Skylar's Powers

-The Penthouse-

Zadie's POV:

I was sitting at the kitchen table at the penthouse working on homework on my laptop. Chase was doing reinforcing the glass, or something like that, and Oliver was making us grilled cheese sandwiches. 

"Hey, Chase, what are you doing?" Oliver asked as Chase walked in carrying a bucket with tools and cleaning supplies. 

"Oh, I just reinforced all the windows with an impenetrable polymer I designed to keep this place safe from any threat."

Oliver looked taken back, "Oh yeah? Well, I just made Zadie and I grilled cheese sandwiches."

I took a bite, "they're really good, too. Much better than my aunt used to make." I looked at the sandwich, "except I don't think she made hers with cheese."

"If it wasn't cheese, then what was it?" Oliver asked. 

I shrugged, "don't know. Can't ask her either. She's been on the run from the law for like four years."

"Is she married to your uncle Berry?" Chase asked. 

"Yeah, that's the one."

"Mm, something smells good." Skylar stated, walking into the kitchen. 

Oliver smiled, "yep, that's the sandwiches I made."

"No, smells more like reinforced polymer." 

"Oh, you." Oliver shot finger guns at her...and actually ended up shooting water at her. That'll really impress a girl. 

"Oliver!"

"I'm sorry, it was an accident. I'm still trying to get the hang of my powers."

Skylar huffed, "oh, you poor thing. It must be so hard for you." 

Chase and I shared the same look. Why was Skylar getting attitude-y? Oliver didn't mean it. 

"Skylar, that's not what I meant."

"No, no, no, no. Thank you once again for reminding me how you have powers and I don't." She took Oliver's sandwich and stomped off. 

I looked wide-eyed, "bruh, why did she go off like that?"

Oliver laughed it off, "alien chicks, am I right?"

"You know, I still don't get it. If Skylar was born a superhero, then why doesn't she have any powers?" Chase asked. 

"Well, she used to, but a human turned mutant named the Annihilator drained them out of her, put them on the shelf as a trophy."

"Okay, I'm sorry, but you have to agree, that just sounds ridiculous." Chase told him, "look, if Skylar's gonna be part of this team, then I have got to figure out a way to get her powers back."

"No." Oliver quickly stopped, "I have to be the one to get her powers back."

"Why you?" Did Chase really just ask that? He's trying to impress her, duh. You know, for the smartest man in the world, he can really be dumb sometimes. 

"Because then she falls in love with me, then we get married, then we live our happy little superhero lives together forever in a space castle."

I laughed to myself, "you're down bad."

"You know, in your funny yet creepy little world, I believe that could happen."

 "Kinda reminds me of that space movie with Andre Eithier." I mentioned. 

"Alien Gladiators?" Chase recalled. 

"Yeah, that's the one."

Oliver sighed and sat down, "I've been trying to get her powers back for years. So far, no luck."