↬K.D.↭THE O'DRISCOLL↫

You rolled over onto your other side, staring at the glow of the fire as you tried your hardest to fall asleep. The thing about sleep was: the more you tried to get it, the more it eluded you. You huffed in frustration. Everyone else in camp had long since gone to bed--you could hear a couple of them from your tent--but you were unable to follow them into its sweet embrace.

You heard it again, that same noise you'd been hearing since you first tried to get some shut-eye. It was that O'Driscoll the boys had brought back to camp and tied to the tree, the one unfortunately right next to your tent. Unable to take the pathetic noises any longer, you got to your feet and marched outside.

Your words died on your lips as you took in the sight of him. He had been crying, his wrists were rubbed raw from the rope, and his legs were shaking from standing all day. He looked up at your approach, expecting an angry shout, maybe a slap, but was surprised to see you stop dead in your tracks. You almost felt guilty and you didn't like that one bit.

"What're you cryin' about?" you asked in a whisper to not disturb the camp.

"Why'd ya think?" he sniffled. "Please, Miss, I'm starving-"

"That's Dutch's plan, ya know. To starve you into talking." You walked closer, shrugging casually.

"I know." He sounded so defeated, yet stupidly hopeful. "But please-"

"Look, honey, I'm gonna get in trouble if I feed you. Plus, I kinda have a rep around here of a heartless bit-"

"At least let me relieve myself," he begged, his knees quaking. Your eyes widened as his did the same, realizing the implications of his words. "I meant I have to pee! I've been chained up all day and-"

"Ugh, why couldn't you've started with that?" You glanced down at his pants. "You can pee right there."

"Please Miss-"

"Is that all you know how to say?" you asked, folding your arms. A tear slipped out of his eye as he hung his head, giving up on trying to gain sympathy out of you. Feeling real awful all of a sudden, you sighed and walked off. He thought you'd left for good but looked up quickly when he felt the rope getting loosened.

"Thank you, thank you so-"

"Hush!" You slapped a hand over his mouth, glancing around the camp to make sure nobody saw you. You pushed a gun into his back and urged him towards the trees. "Don't leave my sight and do it quick." He didn't complain, promptly following your instructions as you kept the gun trained on him.

Once he was done he walked back, a little less dreary and what could almost be called a smile on his lips. "Thank you."

"Go for the gun and it'll be the last thing you do." His eyes dropped to the gun and he swallowed, nodding. You led him back to the tree, but before tying him up, you pushed a couple candies into his hand. "Eat 'em fast." He threw them into his mouth immediately. After looking around again, you tied him back up and went to return the gun.

"Thanks Miss," the O'Driscoll whispered. You turned back.

"It's Miss (Y/N) (L/N), O'Driscoll."

"And my name's Kieran Duffy, not O..." his words tapered off at your look.

"You tell anyone about this, I'll skin you alive." You used the gun to point at him.

"Yes ma'am."

"Goodnight," you said as you spun around, only to stop short at your words. What did you just say? "I mean...forget it." You didn't dare look at him as you swiftly walked back to your tent.