Chapter 13

Lapis P.O.V.

It's been a bit over a year since Peridot's corruption. After it happened I joined the Crystal Gems in hopes of finding a cure, it's the least I can do after all. A lot has happened in this past year. Pearl and Bismuth have started dating, same for Steven and Connie. I think Peridot and I are dating, but I don't know anymore..It's been a long time since she's confessed to me, and I can't even ask her, she can't speak after all. Yeah, I can guess what she's thinking but it's exhausting. But that is going to change soon! In this past year Steven has gotten in contact with Homeworld! He's befriended the diamonds and later today they'll arrive here to heal all the corrupted gems! The anxiety has been eating me up! I've spent the whole day so far cuddling with Peridot in the bathtub.

I looked down at my tiny, sleeping on my stomach. I pet her and gently poked her cheeks. She stirred and tried to stand up but she slipped and fell down onto my arm. I giggled as I looked at the grumpy Peri. She mewed something which I can only assume was 'Clod'. Steven came into the bathroom, grinning. I jumped up and picked up Peridot and flew her out of the bathroom with me. She angrily hissed as a drop of water fell on her nose. I smiled and put her on my shoulder.

"Lapis can you help us take these bubbled gems to Rose's garden?" Pearl asked as she carried some bubbled gems to the warp pad

"Sure!" I said as I picked up some of the bubbled gems

We warped in the garden and I placed the bubbles. I stopped a few from rolling away. I felt the weight on my shoulder disappear as Peri jumped off my shoulder. She sat in front of the fountain and stared at the water.

"You excited for today? You won't be corrupted anymore..." I said as I sat down next to her

Peri looked at me as her fur soaked up her tears. I picked her up and set her on my lap.

"Don't you wanna be how you used to be?" I asked confused

Peri nodded her head enthusiastically.

"Are these tears of happiness?" I asked

She nodded her head. Grinning, I stroked her fur. She purred loudly and I picked her up and kissed her head. I got up and helped Pearl with more bubbled gems. When I was putting the bubbled gems by the lake I saw Peri dazed.

"What did you do to her?" Pearl asked giggling as she pointed at Peridot

"That's a secret!" I said smiling

Out of nowhere Peri jumped in front of me and faced Pearl, Peri hissed loudly at Pearl. That's when I noticed what bubble Pearl was holding. Jasper. Pearl must have noticed at the same time as I had.

"Maybe you should go.." Pearl exclaimed as she panicked

I wordlessly picked up the hysterical cat and left. I got back to the temple and retreated to the bathroom to deal with my panic attack. Peri tried to comfort me, by cuddling with me. After a little I was calm and happy again. I fell asleep in the bathtub, with the love of my life.