15. Sire

Dear Journal,
               A minor fault of this new form is my impulsion. I get these impulses that are not triggered by feelings, but by fate.

- 𝓔. 𝓢𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓮
                (1605)

Changing out of his tattered clothing, Elias quickly dressed in the new garments left inside the chest by his bed.

Sporting the classic white linen shirt, black doublet and black hose, he ran his fingers through his obsidian black hair as it fell onto his face. It had gotten longer since his rebirth, which was surprising to him since he was now undead. Now falling past his shoulders, he believed he was in desperate need of a haircut before his mane became unmanageable.

Opening the door to a woeful Syrus, he stepped outside, shutting the door behind him as their eyes met each other's.

"I have come to fetch you for King Koren" Syrus spoke, his voice doleful. "This way"

Walking in silence, they descended the staircase together, neither of them giving the other so much as a glance.

"Just a moment ago, you could not stop talking" Elias spoke, finally breaking the silence. "Now, you are as quiet as the still night"

"There is not much to say anymore" Syrus said sadly.

"Hmm" Elias sounded before speaking again. "You are quite muscular for a young boy"

"Working in the armory has done me a great kindness" Syrus said with a subtle smile.

"The armory?" Elias reiterated, looking at the juvenile.

"Yes" Syrus beamed at him, his face falling into a frown a moment after as he looked at Elias's left arm.

"Yes" Elias avowed, answering Syrus's unasked question whilst mimicking his answer from before.

"We are here" Syrus announced after a while , stopping at an ornately carved wooden door.

"Excuse me, Eli" He declared, pleasantly dismissing himself.

Knocking on the door, Elias watched in curiosity as the lad strolled out of sight. He wondered if the death of his mentor had weighed heavily on his mind. Additionally, he also wondered what exactly would be discussed at this meeting and how much they would disclose in his presence.

The council room was a large expanse with a single bay window on the left wall that irradiated the room.  A large, horizontal table centered the space, gleaming in the sun's light from its exquisite polish as scrolls of paper, quill pens and ink pots sat on its surface. The regular tapestries and paintings embellished the walls along with small book shelf located on the right side of the room adjacent to a fireplace.

As Elias entered, he was greeted with silence and  looks of incredulity from a plethora of faces. Twelve men perched around the large table headed by King Koren, their leader. Spotting Zelda standing with her hands folded behind her by the bookshelf, he made his way over to join her.

"Is this the beast?" A middle aged man questioned. His gray hair was a wispy cloud on his head as he dressed in a brown and gold tunic, his face blighted with warts.

"I had no idea it was I that would be discussed today" Elias said smugly, gazing at all the men.

"Now Lord Dane, please refrain from using insulting words. Eli is an ally, not an enemy. He was sent here by Baltazaar, my son and your prince. He is only here to help" Koren told him firmly, glancing at Elias.