26. Death & Love

Dear Journal,
It is quite frustrating that I know so much but I still know nothing at all.
- 𝓔𝓵𝓲𝓪𝓼 𝓢𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓮
                                                                (1605)

Elias's mind buzzed in a frenzy as it struggled to process the situation at hand.

Not only had they been betrayed by their allies, they also had the misfortune of Baltazaar being the leader and head of said treachery.

He thought of it as a misfortune; this man had gotten to his allies and infected them with his duplicity, uncaring of the outcome of this backstabbing as long Elias failed.

Baltazaar chuckled at the bleeding Elias, their swords scraping against each other as silver sparks bounced off the raking metal surfaces.

"Yes, I know who you are." Baltazaar mocked, jumping back from the bleeding Elias as he took stock of him. "Honestly, you could have told me from the very start! It was not as if I would have even remembered your name."

Elias's jaws clenched in anger as he sped over to the prince, clashing swords again as Baltazaar quickly shielded against his attack.

"You came back from death just for revenge? You've wasted your time because now, you will die once more; this time for good."

Using his strength incorporated with his poisonous hate for the now king, Elias kicked him across the courtyard, sending him flying into a few creatures that had been battling.

Speeding over to him, Elias positioned his sword parallel to his face as he raised above his head before bringing it down forcefully. Baltazaar, who's reflexes had quickened, rolled out of the way to let Elias's attack land into the thick snow.

Jumping to his feet, the werewolf sped over to him as he swung his sword violently but Elias quickly blocked it with his, sending yellow and orange sparks flying on either side of them.

"So the rumors are true. You're not a weak little shit anymore." Elias teased.

The anger that swelled in Baltazaar's face was visible as he headbutted Elias viciously, causing him to stagger backwards in a momentary concussion.

"I was never weak." Baltazaar answered, speeding behind him before positioning his sword parallel to Elias's neck.

"I told your whore I'd deliver your head onto her pillow." He snickered in the vampire's ear.

"Shut up!" Elias bellowed, bringing his head forward before returning a fierce headbutt to the werewolf, causing his hands to fall to his sides at the impact of the attack.

Elias rubbed the blood from his neck as his wound began to heal, watching Baltazaar who could not hide his repugnant amusement on account of letting out a nasty cackle while shaking his head.

"You sure are emotional for someone who left her in that state." Baltazaar chided.

"What state?" Elias asked.

"Oh, you don't know?" Baltazaar raised an eyebrow, following it up with a dangerous smirk.

His mouth opened once more to speak but quickly shut as he turned around swiftly, running his sword through Melonie's heart. Elias did not notice her trying to enlist a sneak attack from behind but Baltazaar had detected it, countering her strike with a lethal one.

"NO!" Elias shouted as he attacked Baltazaar again, kicking him away from her.

While the hybrid rolled across the courtyard, Elias caught Melonie before she fell, withdrawing the sword from her chest as he applied pressure to her wound.