"whatever you say"

I hummed a tune to myself as I turned off the shower water and reached to grab my towel. It was finally Saturday and I was enjoying my weekend far away from Eden Hall.

Squeezing out my wet hair, I stepped out of the bathroom and into my bedroom. The two rooms were conjoined and I was happy about that. No sharing with my little brother Joey, who I could hear playing video games from the living room. He yelled something about killing someone and I rolled my eyes. 

I opened my closet and pulled out some comfy clothes to wear. A pair of Nike athletic shorts and an oversized Goodwill Games T-shirt. I shut the door of the bathroom behind me and got dressed. My hair was filled with knots so I spent a considerable amount of time in the mirror, trying to get them out. Once I finally accomplished that, I walked back over to the door and opened it.

Suddenly I was face to face with Adam Banks, who was standing in my bedroom. I shrieked and he jumped in surprise. Once I caught my breath I looked at him in shock.

"How did you get in here?"

He rubbed his lips together and gave me a sheepish smile. "Joey let me in. He said you were in your room."

"Adam I could've been naked or something." I shuddered at the thought of him arriving only a few minutes earlier, when I had been.

"Well it wouldn't be the first time I saw..." He slowly trailed off when I narrowed my eyes at him. "I mean, you're right. I should've waited downstairs."

"Yes you should've. Speaking of, I'm starving so let's go get some food." I walked past him and down the stairs towards the kitchen. Before I got there I stopped next to the couch where Joey was perched, clearly in an intense battle in his game.

"Joesph!" I said sternly and he groaned, pressing pause.

"What?"

"Please stop inviting everyone who rings the doorbell into our house."

"It's just your boyfriend." He mumbled and readjusted his headset.

I rubbed my palm against my forehead and gritted my teeth, ignoring his comment. "Just, at least keep them down here, okay? Can you do that?"

He made a dumb face and mimicked my voice. "Whatever you say."

I shook my head and walked into the kitchen, trying my best not to tackle my little brother. Adam joined me and leaned against the island as I opened the fridge.

"So cake-eater," I reached for the container of grapes and re-emerged from the fridge, "What are you doing here exactly?"

"Well for starters, did you know we're losing our scholarships?"

I stopped mid chew and widened my eyes. I then swallowed the grape. "Huh, I'm not surprised. How come you know this?" I was sick and tired of not knowing anything.

"The school called my parents this morning. I'm sure you'll get a call soon too, if you haven't already."

"Wow, just like that. I wonder how everyone else feels."

"Yeah I don't know." Adam reached for a grape and popped it in his mouth. "I know JV had a game today so maybe they don't know yet."

There was a moment of silence before I broke it.

"That can't be the only reason you came here right?" 

He opened his mouth, about to say something, when the phone rang.

"Sorry, one second." I walked to the wall and picked up the receiver. "Hello?"

"Hey Ella! Got a second? I've got some great news!" 

I pointed to the phone and mouthed "It's Dean.", to Adam. He nodded and stared at the floor.

"Hey Dean! I'm actually a little busy right now, could I call you back later today?"

He agreed and I set the phone back on it's base. "Okay Adam, what were you about to say?"

He sighed and shook his head. "It was nothing. I should probably be headed home though. See you on Monday." 

Adam shot me a tight smile before leaving. I wrinkled my brow in confusion. Why was he being so weird lately?

I walked past Joey and back upstairs to my room. 

The rest of the day was painfully uneventful. I even forgot to call Dean back.

I wonder was it was he was going to tell me? 

_

sorry for all the mini chapters ah!