"to the ducks!"

*a few months later*

I smiled as the smell of fresh baked goods wafted through the air, when I pushed open the door to Mickey's. Adam followed close behind me, along with Connie and Guy. 

I made my way towards the back and took a seat next to Charlie, who was already at the diner with the rest if the team. 

"Late as always, Silverton." Charlie laughed and I shook my head in annoyance.

"You can blame Adam."

Adam threw his hands up in defense. "Whoa, whoa, whoa pump the breaks little lady. If it wasn't for me, you would still be skating down the street right now."

I put my arm around him and grinned. "Oh yeah, I forgot."

"Can you guys believe it's finally summer?" Julie asked from behind me. "We survived Freshman year and the Varsity team."

"I truly can't believe we made it." Dwayne piped up and smiled. "What are y'all's summer plans? I'm headed back to my Texas ranch!"

"Grandpa Averman's pig farm." Averman groaned and I saw Goldberg give him a pat on the back.

"Back to Maine for me." Julie sighed. "Leaving tomorrow, sadly."

"I'll be here all summer." Charlie said. "Helping Bombay with the skate shop."

"I'll be here all summer too." Connie moaned and Guy and Fulton said the same.

All of the out of state Ducks were headed home for the summer, except Dean who was living with Fulton. Goldberg was staying home as well to help with his parent's restaurant. Adam was staying close to home too, aside from the two week hockey camp his parents were sending him to.

"What about you Ella?"

"I'm headed to Florida in a couple of weeks. Look at colleges, learn to surf, all the Florida stuff I guess.  My aunt has a place down near Tampa."

"Wait a minute. Do you mean to tell me that I will be here alone, all summer, with only the guys?" Connie pulled me into a hug and fake sobbed.

"There, there." I patted her back. "It'll be okay."

Just then Casey Conway carried a tray with an array of milkshakes to the table. We all reached and grabbed our respective glass. 

"To a great summer for the Eden Hall Ducks!" Charlie called and held his milkshake up.

"To the Ducks!" We all cheered and clinked our glasses together.

And what a summer it would be.

the end! wow i actually cannot believe that after three years of writing the mighty ducks trilogy and the story of ella, i'm done. thank you so so much for the support and love that these books have received. 

however this is not the end of ella's story. stay tuned for a fourth book, following the ducks' sophomore year at eden hall! coming soon :)