Chapter III: A New Home Part II

Tom frowned slightly now as Harry went quiet again, but he said nothing as he motioned to Harry to follow. He did and they walked up some stairs to where Harry found his personal study. He stared to it in shock for several moments as Tom then sat at his desk and gestured to Harry to sit.

Harry quickly recomposed himself as he watched interestedly when Tom drew several stacks of parchment and began reading them

Harry quickly recomposed himself as he watched interestedly when Tom drew several stacks of parchment and began reading them. He smirked mischievously now, "I wasn't aware that being a Dark Lord meant hordes of paperwork? An Auror or an Unspeakable sure, but a Dark Lord? Not what I imagined."

Tom then seemed to have a dry look to him before he leveled a glare at him, "Then you'd be surprised to exactly how many reports I have to read through and sift through; even when I actually make them report them to me verbally. I have to ensure that what they say and what they've written is the same and accurate; I don't like spies and traitors, as you well know.

I also have to ensure that my followers are continuing what I want them to do in the directions I want."

Harry nodded as he acquiesced that Tom did have point there, "I suppose so. So, remember how I said I learned a secret from Albus without him actually telling me what it was?" Harry said idly as he began to fidget some

Tom nodded as he read, "I do, and I remember you saying you'd share it with me."

His smirk was shown as he continued to read the parchments in front of him.

Harry then fidgeted again as Tom looked up and narrowed his gaze, "This is something I'm not going to like, is it? It's why you said you would tell me if I said I wouldn't kill you afterwards."

Harry eyed him a moment before nodding hesitantly, "Yes, you probably won't like this at all. Keep in mind that, at first, I had no idea as to what Albus was referring to. I was merely at the right place at the extremely correct time for me and not for the headmaster. I told you I had to do months of research, and most of that was at night when the chances of ears and eyes were far less."

Harry winced, "It also involved many upon many forays to the restricted section and the...internal room of the Chamber. Looking for materials on a subject that I didn't even know what was; I didn't originally know what to search for as Albus was not clear that time. He was vague and only gave small clues due to his...worrying, I guess?"

Harry eyed him warily, "Salazar's portrait was quite helpful; he also seemed to like me, for some reason."

Tom stilled to that; when had the boy been there and discovered the undoubtedly large collection of books from Salazar's personal collection. Mostly on dark magic, potions, lost magical practices; but still...

Harry then paused, "I am curious Tom, about why you wanted to be immortal? It cannot fully be that you fear death; not in the way Albus claims it as. I am curious because whatever the reason is...it led you to...shedding pieces of yourself?"