Chapter XIII: The Board of Govenors and the Wizengamot Decide

When Lady Magic had decided to come to talk on Harry's behalf; she hadn't expected the whole Wizengamot to be present, nor for the mass majority of the Board of Governor's to be there as well. It appeared more people were interested in the outcome of this case than she had suspected; though if she thought it over, she really wasn't all that surprised by the interest. 

To say it bluntly; the bulk of the judicial body of the Wizengamot was both stunned and disgusted by all that had been revealed here this afternoon. And, had they tried to say otherwise; it would have been a gross underestimation of the emotions that circled the room along with a vast sense of denial to how overwhelmed most of them felt as of the moment.

Those members who were both a part of the Wizengamot and the Board; they were even more overwhelmed by the details that had been unveiled to them. Some of them more than others, of course, but still shocked.

Many of the jury or board members; they had children or grandchildren who currently attended Hogwarts, and thus were under the care of one Albus Dumbledore. But to see how the elderly wizard had handled the care of one of his charges, especially one as famous and notorious as Heir Scion Potter was...it was eye-opening to them about how far one would go.

And the scandalous part was that this was not the first occurrence; Harry Potter had not been the first student Albus had tried to mold and to use in such ways. To know that he had tried to do such with a young dark lord against Lord Grindelwald...it set them all on an edge they weren't sure they could handle.

It was clear now to them all; regardless of whether or not they were light or dark oriented, that Albus had been grooming Harry Potter to be the one to fight and to die against Lord Voldemort. That he had some hidden reason for wanting both of them gone; an agenda that benefitted him for both to be dead, and a reason they intended to find out while they had the opportune chance.

Those among the dark-oriented that the others eyed now hesitantly; the ones who had formerly been accused of being in league with dark lord and had escaped judgment, were quiet and speculative to all the information that had been given freely to this hearing.

None of them seemed to know or be aware of what all this was leading to. Yet, none of them seemed surprised by the events that were unfolding either. It was as if they knew something, yet were...unsure of whether or not to share it.

Madame Bones spoke quietly to the Minister after the body had all talked and made whispering talks among their colleagues. They whispered back and forth for some time; causing agitation to both sides of the congregation. Finally, the Minister nodded to her silently with a look of determination and a grim countenance. 

She nodded respectfully back; the first truly genuine one made to him by her in some time.

She then stood, "Both bodies; the Wizengamot and the Board of Governors' have reached a consensus; and though it is not unanimous, the votes still stand. As of this moment, Headmaster Albus Dumbledore...you are hereby relieved of your duties temporarily to both the Wizengamot and to the International Confederation of Wizards. I believe that most here in this room; no matter their association to you  it is, that we can all agree to a vote of no-confidence due to all we have been shown this afternoon."

Her eyes were like ice as she glared at him through her monocle, "Memories do not lie; not when given so freely and from a source that has not been tainted by those who wish to hide what they do not want others to know or to see."

Lady Magic was watching the decisions with scrutiny; as Albus looked ready protest, but failed to be able to utter a word to them.

"You will remain as the acting Headmaster to Hogwarts; however, your actions there will now be monitored closely by Aurors. They will be stationed inside of the school as of the beginning of the term and will remain there until our investigation of your actions there while Headmaster is on-going." She leveled a glare to him, "During this time of investigation; your office and any area of the castle that is frequented by you; they are subjected to being looked through and searched at random.