Time To Go

You entered the student council room and all of the boys were sitting in their seats. Their eyes all landed on you as you came through the door and made your way over to Lord Diavolo. He gently put his arm around you and led you to the center of the room in complete silence with a hint of sadness. Once you stood in your place before everyone in the room, Lord Diavolo suddenly sighed.

"I assume you're ready," Lord Diavolo frowned. "Well then. Let's start."

"Mhm," you hummed in agreement and looked down.

Lord Diavolo looked at all of the boys who sat in their chairs with blank faces. He sighed and studied them. For the first time in forever, he couldn't tell how they really felt. He assumed there would be a bigger reaction, but he clearly was wrong. Nothing was there.

Lord Diavolo cleared his throat and began to speak to each and every one of them.

"Boys," Lord Diavolo called out. "Do you have anything left to say to Y/N?"

All of the boys looked down, except for Lucifer, in silence. Suddenly, you felt Lucifer's gaze upon you and looked up at him. You noticed him shifting in his seat like he was uncomfortable and you tilted your head confused at his sudden movements.

"Alright," Lord Diavolo sighed. "Y/N, it's time."

"Right," You suddenly said as you snapped your attention away from Lucifer. "Let's do it."

Lord Diavolo took a few steps back before he started to recite a spell he has said times and times again before. Amongst the sound of his voice, you heard more shifting coming from one of the boys. Something's not right, you thought. You look up yet again and past Diavolo seeing Lucifer. He seemed to be in an anxious state as he listened to Diavolo recite the spell. You suddenly started to realize that as you watched him, you were starting to get worried. You shook your head lightly hoping to make the feeling go away, but it didn't leave at all. Suddenly, in a split second, Lucifer rose from his seat and looked at Diavolo, interrupting his spell.

"Lord Diavolo," Lucifer called out.

"Lucifer," he asked. "I thought you had nothing to say?"

"I-" Lucifer sighed. He looked at you and then at all of his brothers who were seated behind him. Even they were shocked to see him interrupt this all, just to speak to Diavolo about whatever.

"I do," Lucifer said. "I want to ask you this... on behalf of my brothers... that you will let Y/N stay?"

Everyone softly gasped at his request, including you. You looked at him with a frown and mouthed why in a confused way. He raised his pointer finger at you in response asking for a minute of peace as he spoke to Diavolo.

"Lucifer," Lord Diavolo sighed. "You do understand that this isn't where Y/N's meant to be. This isn't their home."

"I'm sorry for the sudden argument, but this is important to my brothers," Lucifer sighed as he moved closer to the front of the room where Diavolo and you stood.

"Ah," he smiled suddenly. "There it is. I haven't seen that in a while!"

Lucifer furrowed his eyebrows angrily and crossed his arms, holding them tightly against his chest. He sharpened his focus on Diavolo as he grew somewhat impatient with him while waiting for a real answer. Diavolo looked at him and moved back a little once he realized Lucifer wasn't taking this well.

"This sudden stubbornness is quite interesting to witness," Lord Diavolo laughed awkwardly. "I-"

"Listen," Lucifer said and his expression softened just a little, but still remained serious. "I'm not standing here in front of you just so you can joke around."

"Right," he nodded. "I know. Look, Lucifer. The truth is that Y/N can't stay here because this isn't where their home is. The human world is their home and just think about it a little; Y/N has a family up there and your brothers do not make up any part of it. They never will, either."

"Hmm," Lucifer hummed lowly as he turned around, clearly frustrated.

Lucifer sighed and looked at all of his brothers. They were all sitting there curiously as they longed for Diavolo's answer, but then he noticed that one of his brothers was gone. He focused on the chair angrily and suddenly jumped a little when the sound of a slamming door harshly reverberated throughout the room. Lord Diavolo looked where all of the boys sat and stared at the empty chair while questioning his own words.

"The truth is that Y/N can't stay here..."

"The human world is their home...."

"Just think about it a little; Y/N has a family up there and your brothers do not make up any part of it. They never will, either."

His words played on a loop in his head and he realized how awful it sounded. It wasn't just awful, but it was hurtful too. He sighed as he moved his eyes away from the empty chair and looked at Lucifer with a frown. He walked over to him and placed his hand on his shoulder suddenly, looking at him with apologetic eyes.

"I'm sorry," Lord Diavolo said softly. "I know that was an awful thing for me to say-"

"No," Lucifer sighed. "You're right. This isn't Y/N's home, so send them back. I don't care anymore. This meeting is dismissed."

"What? You can't call that," Diavolo called out as Lucifer began to walk away.

"I said what I said," Lucifer growled as he looked back at him over his shoulder. "The meeting. Is. Dismissed."

Lucifer walked out of the room furiously and yet he managed to softly close the door behind him without slamming it. All of the boys looked at each other suddenly and one by one, they got up and left, leaving you and Diavolo in the room alone.