It's Not A Dream

Belphie sat close beside you as he firmly touched the spot on your face that was hit with a cold, damp cloth. 

"H-hey! Careful," you pulled away wincing, but he grabbed your chin pulling your face back towards him.

"Sorry," Belphie sighed as he traced the cloth along the bruise. "Hmm... you know what..? Here. It'd be better if you did it. I don't want to hurt you."

He placed the cold cloth in your hand and you took it, moving it up to your face, patting along the bruise as gently as you could to avoid hurting yourself. You looked around your room as you did so and saw where your curtains were placed. They were stuffed in a small, blue basket that sat in the corner of your room and you tilted your head.

"So that's where my curtains went," you said suddenly, your eyes running over the curtains that sat peacefully in the basket.

"Ah," Belphie nodded. "Lucifer told me to take down the curtains and everything that was on your bed to wash them and store them away, but I got lazy with the task and took a nap."

"So you stole my bed basically? Rude," you joked and playfully hit him.

"Pfft," Belphie teased. "What was that? If you want to hit me, I expect it to be harder than that... or maybe you don't have the strength?"

You felt your face turning pink as he looked at you and then you hit him again, this time twice as hard for the dumb comment he made. 

"That's better," Belphie smiled, not even caring about the pain that's most likely surging in his shoulder. "Not as powerful as Lucifer's slap, but I'll take it." 

Eventually, the door to your room opens and in comes Levi with some white bandages in his hand with Satan following behind.

"I hope this will be all right," Levi said, placing the bandages on your nightstand. 

"It should be," Satan assured him as he closed the door. "Now that we got what we need, I have to ask you this, Y/N. Why are you still around and what are you doing here?"

You hummed softly and looked down at the floor. 

"..You're mad," you said in a hushed tone. "Aren't you?"

"You think I'm mad? No," Satan frowned as his eyebrows grew closer together. "I'm just curious."

You still kept your eyes on the floor as your anxiety grew bigger with each second that passed. Your thoughts ran through your head and bounced off of your skull recklessly, giving you a slight headache. He said that he wasn't mad, but yet you didn't believe him. 

While drowning in your mind, you heard a jumbled, but faint noise coming from close by you. It vibrated in your ears, but you paid no mind to it as you continued to be lost in your thoughts, tuning in and out of reality. Everything was like white noise as both the tides of guilt and shame washed over you, taking your head under helping you sink just a bit further into your mind. 

Eventually, you felt someone lightly grab you by your shoulder and shake you, instantly snapping you back into reality. You blinked, your consciousness of where you are coming back as you looked around. You looked up and saw Satan leaning in front of you, resting his hand on your shoulder.

"Y/N," Satan called out, his voice full of concern. "Are you there? Honestly, you're making me worry-"

"I'm sorry," you said quickly, interrupting him. "I know you all didn't expect me to come back and I'm sorry I showed up suddenly. I can only imagine that I'm going to cause trouble or anger someone.."

"Huh? Y/N, where is all of this coming from? I don't understand," Satan pulled away as he grew puzzled. "Did Diavolo say something once we left the meeting?"