Not So Party island pt3

The Sun by now had gave wave to clear skies and a shining moon. Adaline had opted for the pirates to hang back from the beaches due to the rising tensions, yet it didn't stop a few patches of pirates and Marines mingling some drinking and a few jokes flying here and there but all just taking in the events and for once relaxing. She however watched Marco place down a card and Thatch look between him and Gator with wide eyes and nodded.

"Call." He stated as Marco smirked and flipped over what would be a winning hand before Gator leaned over and gave a sly smile. "Thank you for adding to my new leg fund folks." And pulled the money towards him. Adaline gave a light smile and then looked back towards the trail where Domino had insisted on walking to the restroom alone.

"You don't think something happened?" Gator asked half jokingly as Adaline scoffed watching the trail. 

"No, knowing Domino she probably got sidetracked by whatever local plants on the island. She does that." She mumbled smiling watching as Domino emerged from the path holding a green plant in her right hand with a smile.

"Look at this little guy!" She called hopping over to the table they now had set up. Domino made them move closer to the beach so that the men could feel more at ease with her around. Some of the more cheerful marines watched with amused smiles as Marco pulled away with a glance dirt falling on his cards.

"See." Adaline smiled holding the chair out for Domino who gingerly sat down and placed the lump on the table and held out her hand, quickly decaying it and growing it back with a smile. Over and over to everyone's side glances.

"No no Adaline, these guys are super rare I'm so excited I can grow these! I mean they have no real value in a battle, but if they have the proper acidity can turn in to a rainbow of colors and I mean a wide range." She smiled to look up at the concerned faces and her smile faded.

Adaline nodded "Great, you playing?" Domino shook her hand and twisted her wrist to Marcos surprise for it to grow smaller and almost the size of an earring and Domino plopped it on Adaline's head. She gave a light smile and looked up at Domino who watched it with wonder.

"What are you doing?" She asked as Domino nodded "Seeing what color it turns," she mumbled before Adaline gave her a side glance rearranging her cards. "Why?" She asked as Domino pulled back and shrugged with a winch.

"You seemed a bit salty, so maybe it'd change." She stated as Adaline went wide eyed as Gator snickered along with the others.

Marco who sat besides Domino watched her with a wary eye. He was maybe the only one beside Adaline that could tell she was forcing herself pretty hard to smile. Not only that he knew how much she must hurt. Even if he protested her movement, he couldn't really hold her down if she wanted to move and do what she was doing then she had the right to. All he could do was hope he was there to catch her fall.

Once again the night had blurred until the point a single Marine began to stand his voice carrying through the beach as he stared out towards the sea. It was as if a signal spread through the others to all collectively follow his lead.

Domino looked down as did the other two. "It's bout time." She sighed and reached for the bottle she had been holding and gingerly began to get up. Adaline bit her lip tears growing in her eyes as she moved to help Gator as well. Thatch held up his hands in an angry response but was stopped by Marco hitting him on the chest and motion for silence.

The song gently swept across the beach side calling the Marines to soft wake of the waves. Marco lightly moved over to where Domino stood leaning against a new oak tree, as the Marines seemed to harmonize in this one moment of weakness.