Chapter 4

Chapter 4

●●●

A couple of days passed and they didn't see each other, both too busy with their daily tasks, but Jimin always made sure to at least send Jungkook one message per day, asking what he was up to and how he was feeling. He really enjoyed talking to the boy. Now that he had gotten over the barrier of prejudices there wasn't anything that could have changed that.

Jungkook was fun to chat with. Once they had gotten over their first bit of awkwardness and also curiosity because it was new for both of them, Jungkook seemed to have gotten more relaxed around him so to say. Which actually just meant he was just as cocky as Jimin, which certainly meant something.

Many of their conversations were more teasing each other than anything else. And Jimin genuinely enjoyed it because that was what most of his friendships were. It made him feel like Jungkook was truly comfortable with him now.

"Jimin?" Startled at the sudden intrusion Jimin looked up at his roommate (well, actually they just shared the kitchen with him, while he shared his actual room only with Hobi) who had just entered the room, certainly not looking the happiest. "You have a guest." He stepped to the side, revealing a rather awkward looking Jungkook behind him.

In no longer than a second Jimin got up and skipped over to them, grabbing Jungkook's arm and pulling him inside his room, sending his roommates a short smile. "Thank you for taking him here." he chirped before closing the door. He was very well aware that probably both of them were curious or maybe even nervous because Jungkook was there.

Once he turned around to Jungkook, who was mustering his room, his smile got brighter. "You decided to actually come here."

Jungkook met his eyes and Jimin almost startled at the color of his eyes. It wasn't scary anymore, but now that he hadn't seen Jungkook a couple of days he had almost forgotten about it.

"I did... although I felt really nervous. Your roommates were alright but a girl from the room opposite to yours just glared daggers at me."

"It's not her decision where you can and cannot go. And you're totally welcome here." Jimin sat down on his bed and patted the space next to him, gesturing Jungkook to sit too. Jungkook did, though a bit hesitant, still eyeing his room.

"This is the first time I've been in a room aside from mine." He admitted and Jimin cooed, getting up and walking around the room to show it off to Jungkook.

"You probably know already, but I don't live here alone. That's my best friend's side." He pointed at the bed opposite of his before wandering around the room. "This room is actually really good for hanging out with friends because we have a projector and a white screen to hang from the ceiling." He pointed at the roll of white right above the door. It was exactly the size of the wall behind it and could actually cover it and the door entirely so they could almost experience something like cinema.

"And you can actually also make my bed wider." He gestured at Jungkook to tug in his feet before showing it off as he pulled the second part of the bed out from underneath the first. "The same thing is possible with Hobi's bed so when we have a sleepover up to six people can comfortably sleep here." he grinned proudly before walking over to his wardrobe, knocking on it. "And this is a super ordinary wardrobe." He chuckled.

"Do you have sleepovers often?" Jungkook asked curiously and Jimin thought for a second. "Not exactly sleepovers but it's not really unusual for at least one more person to stay here.

"That sounds really fun." Jungkook admitted, tugging his legs up and folding them in his lap.

"If you want you can stay over too. I'd have to introduce you to Hobi first, but I'm sure he'll like you." Jimin offered happily, sitting down on the floor. "I'm so happy you came over. Although I have no idea what we're gonna do." he admitted. "Is there any special reason why you did come over today or just because?"

Jungkook sighed. "I kind of had a bit of an argument with my roommate." he admitted, pressing his lips into a thin line.

"What kind of argument?" Jimin asked, hoping he wasn't prying.

"He thinks I shouldn't hang out with you because you're bound to hurt me." Jungkook admitted, sighing before closing his eyes. "I get that he's worried about me, but I think I can manage on my own... and I really don't think you'd just start being mean towards me out of nowhere like he's worried about."

"Of course I wouldn't." Jimin reassured, surprised to find out that apparently he wasn't the only one worried about the whole thing. Not that he was worried, but he knew that Hobi would be anything but happy once he told him. Still, he was sure that that would change once he met Jungkook in person.

"Your roommate is like you, isn't he?"

Jungkook nodded. "There's three of us, actually. At least at this school. We all share the same apartment, but me and Taehyung share one room like you and Hobi. Jin has a room for himself because they don't want to put normal students in the same apartment as we are. I mean, I get it. Being the only human in an apartment with three of us has to be weird." Jungkook stated. "Anyways, Taehyung is just really careful because he has been hurt a couple of times. He's the most social out of the three of us... or at least was, but he stopped the whole hanging out with humans thing because it usually just lead to abrupt, painful ends."

Jimin nodded. Humans certainly could be dicks, even if not intentionally. And he knew the way they spoke of people like Jungkook, and it was anything but positive. Which was actually ridiculous considering that officially there shouldn't have been any differentiation. But people did it anyways.

"I hope you trust me when I say I'd never just break off contact. If something happened, no idea what, but something that would actually make me change my mind about being friends with you, I'd at least give you some sort of explanation. People just breaking off contact without giving you a reason as to why are the worst." he stated, grabbing Jungkook's hand.

It felt warm and rough in his hands. The touch oddly soothing, but Jimin wasn't willing to show that, it would have been weird. So instead he took Jungkook's pinky finger and interlinked it with his. "I promise."

The small smile he received in exchange was totally worth everything he had ever done to come to the point in his life he was at now.

They spent the rest of the evening watching a movie Jungkook had never seen before, sitting just a bit too close to each other on Jimin's bed. Jimin was totally crushing. He realized that about halfway through the movie.

He'd been aware that Jungkook was really attractive and everything he had ever wished for in a guy, but for some reason he hadn't quite realized that he totally had a crush on him. Not that it changed anything. Jimin enjoyed Jungkook's presence and he was going to continue being just friends for now... Maybe forever and always. After all he had just won an amazing friend.

A/N

The surprise update no one asked for;----;