Chapter 8

Chapter 8

●●●

When they were all done with movies they had to force themselves to get up and go brush their teeth. All to their other roommates' dismay, who certainly didn't seem all too happy that suddenly there were three of Jungkook's kind in their apartment. But they didn't voice it, just glaring at Jimin for a moment before going back to their rooms again. Jimin knew they wouldn't be angry for long. When they ended up back in Jimin's and Hobi's room Jimin was still in that comfortable, warm headspace.

This was nice. Having all of them sleep over and spending time with them was nice. Hobi discussing the meaning behind absolutely unimportant scenes was nice. Hearing Taehyung tease Jin for being such a scaredy cat was nice. But what stood out the most was cuddling with Jungkook. Especially once they had turned off the lights and laid down properly .

Even though Hobi had offered Taehyung the other half of his bed, which meant they had more space than they had had when they had been watching movies, Jimin felt like he and Jungkook were only moving closer to one another.

Everyone wished each other a good night and then it was silent, the only thing Jimin could hear was Jungkook's steady heartbeat against his ear. Something about being so close to Jungkook that he could even hear his heartbeat was so calming. Most of his friends would have probably declared him insane if he told them but it made him feel safe. Jungkook's presence made him feel protected.

Minutes passed and Jimin was certain Jungkook was already asleep when the body underneath him shifted, Jungkook's hand coming up to the back of his head, slowly running his fingers through his hair. "Jimin?" His voice was so quiet Jimin almost didn't hear it.

"Yeah?" Jimin answered softly, his hand moving up to rest against Jungkook's chest as he looked up at him.

For a couple of seconds Jungkook didn't say anything, like he was bracing himself. Then he let out a deep sigh. "I think... not really think... I like you a lot."

Jimin smiled up at him, hoping the boy would see him in the dark, but Jimin wouldn't have been surprised if he found out Jungkook could see in the dark too. "What kind of like?" he asked softly, running his hand along Jungkook's side. If he were to get rejected right now it really would have been bitter, but he didn't feel like that was going to happen.

Once again Jungkook took a couple of seconds to answer. "I want to hold you... protect you..." he hesitated a bit and Jimin could practically see him blush although it was dark. "...kiss you?" the last one almost sounded like a question. But not like it was a question from his side. More like he was asking if that was okay.

Jimin brought his hand up and ran it along Jungkook's jaw. "Wanna hold you, protect you..." he paused and leant forward, pressing a short peck to Jungkook's cheek. "...and kiss you too."

Jungkook shifted a bit, lying down on his side and moving down a bit so he and Jimin were on the same eye level. "But shouldn't it be weird for you? I'm not... human like you."

Jimin shook his head, pressing their foreheads together. "I don't care about that. I really care about you... so much it hurts sometimes. I want us to always be close... and I want to kiss you. Maybe even do more... and it really doesn't feel wrong or weird to me. Does it for you?" he asked softly, not trying to pressure Jungkook.

From what he had heard most of them stuck to their own kind when it came to picking partners. Though that wasn't really surprising considering how hard it seemed to be for them to even make a friend.

"It doesn't. I'm just a bit nervous... I might look really human but I'm not. I'm scared you might realize that and not want this anymore." Jungkook sighed and Jimin could feel him take his hand and softly squeeze it.

"Are there things I don't know yet?" Jimin asked, reaching out his free hand and running it over Jungkook's cheek.

Slowly Jungkook nodded. Jimin wasn't really surprised.

"Are those things things you could imagine scaring me away?" Jimin asked, still softly. He was pretty sure that, no matter what it was he still didn't know about Jungkook, unless it changed his character or was the sudden statement that they did indeed still eat humans, he wasn't going to be scared away.

"I don't know." Jungkook answered, looking so helpless that Jimin had the strong urge to hug him.

"Don't worry too much about it." Jimin whispered, rubbing Jungkook's cheek. "I'll find out at some point and I really doubt that it will make a difference." he slowly breathed out and then in again to gather his courage.

"Wanna go out with me?"

For a couple of seconds Jungkook simply stared at him dumbfounded before hastily nodding. "Yeah. I really want that." Then a soft sound left his throat. Jimin needed a couple of seconds to identify it as a giggle. "God, I really want that."

Jimin smiled too. "Good. Because I really want to date you and not being obvious so far has been quite hard."

"Are you serious?" Jungkook's voice was just above a whisper.

"Duh. My first three thoughts when I saw you were. 'Scary eyes.' 'Ah he's hot' 'Scary eyes!'." He chuckled rubbing his thumb along Jungkook's jaw. "You're like the most perfect guy I've ever met, but you're not arrogant or narcissistic. Just the most adorable person ever."

At that Jungkook smiled, his eyes so warm that Jimin totally could have lost himself in them. But he forced himself to stay focused because if he hadn't he probably would have wrapped himself around Jungkook like a koala and not let go anymore. "You can't imagine how much I like you."

And then there were Jungkook's lips on his in the shortest and softest kiss Jimin had ever experienced. Pretty much the second their lips touched properly for the very first time, Jungkook was already pulling back. Not far away, just out of reach, with their noses touching.

"I know this is pretty early to say that and we literally just confessed to each other but I don't really want to not say it either." Jungkook took a deep breath before exhaling slowly. When he opened his eyes again he seemed more confident in what he was about to say. "I love you."

With any other guy those words muttered just seconds after their confession of feelings would have probably annoyed and turned Jimin off incredibly much, but for some reason they only thing he felt when he heard them from Jungkook was warmth.

They didn't feel empty even with how quickly he was willing to use such heavy words as love.

Jimin was sure it probably wouldn't take him long to say them back. He knew because of how much Jungkook meant to him.

This time he was the one to press their lips together in a kiss. A longer one than before, although still pretty innocent. When he pulled back he smiled at Jungkook. The boy looked so fucking beautiful even in the dark. "Thank you... I'm sure it won't be long until i can say those words back." Jimin whispered and Jungkook nodded, content, leaning into Jimin's touch.

Tiredly he whispered. "I'm just so glad you care about me."

Jimin smiled. "Of course I do. How could I not when you're you." He giggled, cuddling up to Jungkook's chest and breathing in his familiar scent. "I'm so happy I can do this anytime I want now."

He felt Jungkook's heavy arms wrap around his body, pulling him closer. "Not just you."

That was how they eventually fell asleep cuddled up to one another, just happily bathing in the comfort of the other's closeness and scent.

A/N

Should I do another or...?