Chapter 33

[ Levi's POV ]

7 months..

She still hasn't woken up. I had started to lose even the slightest hope that was left in me. I kept doing what I was usually doing in my daily life, though, there was a big part missing from it. She was that part. The part that made my heart feel whole. I haven't said her name in so long, which feels like I have forgotten it. However, that's far from the truth.

I was with Erwin in his office, doing a brief catching up of what happened these past few months. Though, as soon as we finished, there was a moment of silence between us.

"So.."

"Hm?"

"Anything new?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, taking a hold of my cup of tea.

"I think we both know you understand." he said, a small smile forming on his lips.

"Haven't you been visiting yourself?"

"Well, not as frequently as you." he pointed out while taking a purposely loud sip from his cup.

I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms.

"I think it's funny actually. You've been more consistent in visiting her rather than doing the paperwork you've been assigned to do."

I sighed loudly.

"You really love her huh?" he teased, making me even more irritated than I already was.

"Shut up will ya?"

He chuckled in that deep voice of his.

"Erwin-"

"I know what you're going to say, Levi. I don't want it to happen either. I still have hope, to be honest. She is a fighter. Plus, she isn't the type to break promises, is she?" he added, glancing at his cup and then back at me.

"She told you about that?" I asked surprised. "No. No she isn't.." I secretly smirked.

The peaceful silence that we once shared got ruined by a soldier who entered the room, startling us both after successfully drawing our attention.

"Commander-"

"I will let it slide this time since it looks like it is important, but I will feed you to the titans if you ever come in without bothering to knock you rude piece-"

"C-Captain Levi! Commander Hange asked for you to come the medical room immediately!"

My eyes widened at his words. Erwin rushed towards the door before turning around to look at me, confused as to why I wasn't following  him.

"What?" he asked in a serious tone.

"What if, I mean-"

"It might not be that! But we will never find out if you're sitting there wondering."

His words snapped me back to reality.

As soon as I stood up we started running towards the said medical room which, to our disadvantage, was on the other side of the building. I instantly got anxious, feeling my heartbeat get faster and faster by each second.

I'm coming for you. Just wait a little while longer.

I opened the door, my heart falling to my stomach after seeing Hange holding (y/n)'s hand with tears in her eyes.

"H-Hange.."

I froze, but Erwin put a hand on my shoulder, making me go slightly to the side so that he could close the door.

"Levi!" she exclaimed, looking at me with an expression that I couldn't even understand.

I took some steps forward, but closed my eyes while doing so, terrified of the thought that I'd hear bad news.

"Where.. where am I?"

That voice.. that damn voice!

I gasped, my eyes widening at the sound of her voice.

"Who are you?"