Chapter 35

[ Levi's POV ]

"By the way, what's your name?"

"Levi."

Her face instantly turned red as she let out a surprised, yet, silent gasp. I finished putting her straps in place and after that she instantly took some steps backwards.

"O-Oh! You're.. uh.."

"Why?" I asked, my voice unwillingly being deeper than usual.

"No I didn't mean it in a bad way! It's just that.." she paused for a bit. "You're handsome that's all." she murmured, looking away.

I felt my heartbeat get faster. Not really knowing how to reply, I just instinctively ruffled her hair, making my way to the stables afterwards.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Me, forgetting. It must be hard for you."

"I guess.."

Fuck. Now I made her feel even worse.

"It's not your fault." I added.

"How did it happen?"

I wanted to tell her. But bringing back those horrific memories was hard for me. However, she deserved an answer.

Maybe she will remember if I tell her?

After reluctantly telling her what happened she stared at me surprised.

"I should be the one apologising." I said while looking away.

"Of course not! I did it because I cared for you and loved you! I'm sure I didn't regret it either. Heck, I don't even know you and I don't regret it now!" she replied with a grin forming on her face.

My eyes widened in shock at her words. Without even realizing it, I hugged her tightly, and the only thing I could hear was my own rapid heartbeat. She stiffened at my touch and as soon as I felt it, I tried to back off only to be pulled back into the embrace.

"I understand how you feel. You probably missed me right? You must've been so worried." she whispered.

"So much." I whispered back.

She traced small circles on my back which instantly made me feel calmer. Her touch made me feel calmer.

"Ugh.."

Her hands suddenly let go of my body and moved to the top of her head as she fell to her knees whilst grunting in pain.

"(y/n)? Oi, what happened?"

I kneeled down and put my hands on top of her shoulders as she gripped my arms with her trembling fingers.

"I saw something, like a huge human being, it was going to eat me and I heard my bones cracking.." she stuttered. "T-Titans? The wall.."

"Are your memories coming back?" I asked.

"I think so." she murmured, accepting my hand as I helped her stand up. "Damn, that looked painful." she chuckled.

"Want to go back inside? We can inform Hange and- "

"No that's okay! You said that you would take me to my horse right? Let's go then." she smiled, trying her best to brush away the things she just saw.

As soon as we arrived at the stables she walked right at her said horse.

"That's-"

"Kuro!"

Our eyes met.

"How did you-"

"I don't know."

...

She started laughing.

"Oh God this is going to be fun." she said, turning her gaze at her horse. 

It sure will..

[ Time Skip ]

"You remembered?!" exclaimed Hange, holding (y/n)'s hands in complete delight.

"She did. Do you think that her memories will fully return?" I asked.

"It is possible!" she replied while looking back at (y/n).

The sun was starting to set so we all decided to break things up. I walked (y/n) to her room and before I managed to turn my back on her completely, she grabbed me by the wrist, making me face her once again.

"Thank you for today! I know it's hard for you and I'm still trying to get used to all of this.." she said. "I tried to remember about you but I just can't. I don't know what we shared or our memories and I-"

"It's okay." I assured, absentmindedly taking her hand in mine. "Try not to think about it too much okay? We don't want you destroying what's left inside that little head of yours." I said as I gently tapped her forehead with my pointer finger. "You should get some rest."

"Yeah.. goodnight."

And with that, I let go of her hand and walked away.