Genie? No, Djinn. (Geralt x Reader)

this idea came from a sentence prompt, and I wanted to run with it! part two to peacemaker coming soon because it has to be PERFECT :) also I never specifically mention gender, so this could be male or female or nonbinary insert :))
word count: 964
trigger warning: mentions of abuse and torture

this idea came from a sentence prompt, and I wanted to run with it! part two to peacemaker coming soon because it has to be PERFECT :) also I never specifically mention gender, so this could be male or female or nonbinary insert :))word count: 964...

Your feet pounded the forest floor as you sprinted away from the mage's attendants. The night was quickly falling, and you didn't see well in the dark.

You were a djinn.

You took the form of a human and found out you could do a lot of good in this world, so of course, you stayed. The pleasures of the flesh didn't harm the situation, either.

You became fast friends with a surly Witcher after getting him out of a couple of binds.

The job was supposed to be easy: procure a potion or two, slay a monster, collect the coin, and go on your merry way. Geralt was out slaying the monster, and you were making the potions when the mage somehow figured out what was going on, and tried to bind you to him.

It didn't work since you were already bound to Geralt, but the mage didn't believe you. It was discovered that the host's blood had been tainted by the djinn inside, and it could heal other people. The mage decided to drain it as painfully as possible, though. Your magic was severely limited by the bloodletting, so even when you tried to cast, the mage was able to subdue you.

You kept running, hoping to start recognizing some of the scenery. You had no idea how much time had passed, so there was the possibility that Geralt had moved on without you.

Surely he wouldn't. You thought, taking a sharp left and hurtling over a fallen tree. He wouldn't just abandon me... would he?

The heavy footsteps started to fade out as you ducked behind a thick tree to hide. You let your head fall onto the bark, breathing heavily. Looking up gave you an idea. You always had good luck with the air before, so why should now be any different?

You started to climb the tree as quietly as you could, feeling the splinters thrust into your palms. You ignored the pain and kept climbing, finally reaching a good vantage point.

The group of heavily armed men reached the clearing where you just were and were looking around frantically. Your eagle eyes focused on them, and the forest fell so silently that you could hear their hearts beating in their chests.

"Where the fuck did the genie go?" One of them muttered to his comrades.

"Genie? You mean djinn." Geralt's voice materialized from behind another one of the trees. "Where?"

At the sight of the blood-soaked Witcher, the group said nothing but quickly disbanded.

Geralt grunted at their retreating forms and paused, listening intently. You heard rumors that Witchers had advanced hearing, so you waited for him to call you out.

"(name)?" He called into the clearing, the echo of your name ringing in the trees. You dropped from your perch, scaring the shit out of the battle-hardened warrior. "Fuck, (name)!"

You stood to your full height and watched Geralt's eyes take in the wounds that plagued your body. They were healing fast, but not fast enough for you to go and take the mage's ass down right now.

"What the fuck?" Geralt asked, his breath knocked out of his lungs at the sight of your bloodied body.

"He found out about my blood, so he drained me," You explained, taking a seat at the base of the tree wearily. "Where's Roach?" You asked, your eyes trailing off to where Geralt came from, but he was still as a statue.

"He did what to you?" The Witcher seethed, clenching his jaw. Geralt began to tremble with rage, causing you to spring up to attempt to comfort him

"Geralt, I'll heal quickly, let's just get out of here-" You pleaded, trying to reason with the terrifying being.

"No. I will make them pay. You're fucking mine. And nobody, nobody, lays a goddamn finger on you." he growled, starting off in the direction that the attendants went, but you sprang to your feet to claw at the very scary (and very attractive) man.

"Geralt I'm fine! You know I'll heal," you tried to reason with him, but he was too emotional to listen to reason. You placed your small hand in the center oh his broad chest, gently keeping him rooted to the spot.

"They had you, and I didn't even know you were gone." Geralt replied, his shoulders hunching down in defeat. "How could I have not known?" He mumbled, his head dropping in defeat. You wrapped your newly healed arms around his torso, holding the Witcher as the latter tried to push down these emotions.

You began sending your energy into him, and sending him happiness, while alleviating his stress and heartache.

"Stop it."

You looked up innocently, cocking your head to one side. "Why, my love, I know not what you mean."

Geralt sighed, and gently pulled out of your embrace. "Stop taking on my negative feelings."

You smiled innocently, picking up Geralt pack which had fallen to the ground in his haste to kill everyone.

"We don't have time to reflect on the past now. We've got more monsters to kill, love." You replied, marching back to Roach.

Geralt watched you walk away, and marveled at the sheer joy you always carried with you. It was infectious, and the Witcher felt his mouth curling into a small smile.

"Geralt, are you smiling?!" You shouted from across the clearing.

He only grunted in return, and hoisted you onto his beloved horse.

[fin]