A New Show

Sofia was growing like a garden weed, and that meant she was ready for many things. She'd already started her relationship with her best friend, Prince Hugo, before they even graduated from Royal Prep, and they shared their first kiss when they put on Coppelia with their ice-dancing class at the Corinthian Sports School. There was no knowing what else growing up had in store besides turning into a human skunk by sweating and having a face full of pimples.

It was another typical day at Corinthian Sports, and Sofia and Hugo didn't know what to expect aside from learning new sports and team plays. However, they knew that Miss Pamela had a surprise announcement.

"I'm actually pretty excited about Honors Enchanted Ice Dancing," Sofia declared.

"Me, too," Hugo smiled. "I'm anxious to learn what Miss Pamela has in store for us."

Soon enough, Sofia and Hugo were in their Honors Enchanted Ice Dancing class, and Miss Pamela was excited to share the good news with her students.

"Well, boys and girls, I'm sure you're all excited to know what's in store, so I won't keep you in suspense," Miss Pamela smiled. "We're going to magically freeze the ice rink outside, so we can skate safely on it. That way, we can put on another ice-dancing show!"

The students cheered loudly—they loved the sound of that.

"I can't believe it," Hugo beamed.

"Me neither," Sofia declared. "I wonder what show we're putting on this time."

"How would you like to put on Aladdin?" Miss Pamela asked.

The whole class liked that idea.

"I love that story," Sofia beamed.

"Me, too—I bet you and Hugo would make a great Aladdin and Jasmine," Linda smiled.

Everyone else in the class agreed, but Sofia and Hugo weren't so sure.

"You sure you want us to play the leading characters again?" Hugo asked. "Don't any of you want to be in the spotlight for a change?"

"Aw, can't we see you in the spotlight at least one more time?" Rafael begged. "You'd make a great Jasmine and Aladdin."

"And they sing your favorite song 'A Whole New World'," Karen pointed out.

Everyone else agreed, and Sofia and Hugo couldn't resist. After all, they sang "A Whole New World" when their relationship started.

"I guess we can go for it," Sofia declared.

"We'll do it," Hugo smiled.

Everyone in the class cheered—now they just needed to try out for the other parts.

After school, Sofia and Hugo were talking about how excited they were.

"I'm really looking forward to this," Sofia smiled.

"So am I," Hugo grinned. "Do you think it's a good idea to make our costumes look different than Aladdin's and Jasmine's?"

"Who says it's not a good idea?" Sofia asked.

"Great point," Hugo smiled. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow, Sofie."

"See you, Hugo," Sofia waved, going off to her flying coach.

Once Hugo reached his flying coach, he excitedly climbed in to find his older brother, Axel. "Hey, Big Bro," he smiled.

"Hey, baby bro, it sounds like you had a great day," Axel smiled back.

"The Honors Enchanted Ice Dancing class is putting on another show, and this time the rink will be magically frozen," Hugo told him.

"Sounds like fun," Axel smiled. "What show are you putting on, and are you and Sofia playing the lead again?"

"We're putting on Aladdin, and our friends wanted to see us play the lead," Hugo declared. "We're also going to spice up our costumes."

"Sounds interesting," Axel smiled. "After all, I know you're not comfortable with wearing something like Aladdin did."

That evening, at Enchancia Castle, Sofia's family got together for dinner.

"How was school?" Miranda asked her children.

"Great, Mom," James replied.

"Fantastic, Mother," Amber beamed.

"Fun," Sofia smiled.

"Speaking of which, you had a big smile on your face when you got into the coach, Sofia," James pointed out. "What are you up to?"

"The Honors Enchanted Ice Dancing class is putting on a show, and the other students want me in Hugo in the lead again," Sofia revealed.

"Oh, that's wonderful," Roland smiled. "What show is it this time?"

"We're putting on Aladdin, and Hugo and I playing Aladdin and Jasmine," Sofia smiled.

"Oh, that's great," Miranda smiled. "That means you'll be singing your special song."

"That's right, and I've already started working on my costume design," Sofia declared.

"I can't wait to see it during the show," James smiled.

"Maybe you and Amber would like a sneak peek of it after dinner," Sofia offered.

"We'd love to see it," Amber beamed.

After dinner, Amber and James went with their sister to her room, and she showed them her costume design. It was somewhat similar to Jasmine's ensemble, but the pants weren't as puffy, and the top didn't expose her midriff as much.

"Great costume, Sof," James smiled.

"But it doesn't look anything like Jasmine's ensemble," Amber pointed out.

"True, but who says we have to wear the same exact costume as the characters in the actual story?" Sofia asked.

"I do," Amber said. "It would be more realistic if you wore an outfit just like Jasmine's."

"Amber, this isn't your costume, and you're not the one running the show," James frowned.

"I know, but I also know best—who knows what everyone will say when they see Sofia wearing a different costume?" Amber asked.

"But I'm not comfortable wearing something that exposes this much of my skin, Amber," Sofia frowned.

"How can you not be?" Amber asked. "You're almost a teenager, and so is Jasmine, and she wore an outfit like this."

"Jasmine was around 16, Amber—Sofia is barely even a teenager," James declared.

"It's not too early to start doing what the teens do," Amber declared. "Trust me, Sofia—it'll be great."

Sofia didn't feel comfortable doing something like this, but Amber wouldn't listen to her feelings. She started to regret showing Amber her costume design.