The Girl In Blue Converses 1

The girl in the golden uniform appeared out of the crowd of band kids, a golden flag in her hand. Silently she stood on her toes in those blue converses shoes, and kissed the boy in maroon on the cheek. Her red lipstick left a mark against his tanned skin. A couple of kids gasped in shock. The girl suddenly became terrified, her face growing red. Then she retreated back to the bus without another word. The boy brushed his gloved hand over his cheek. Now the band boy had to find her. He passed his instrument off to another student. The boy ignored the comments and questions his friends made about the girl. He wove through the sea of maroon and instruments to find her. The guard girl was curled up in the back of a bus seat on the verge of tears.
        "What's wrong?" He asked confused. The girl curled closer into the side of the bus.
        "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that."
        "Why not?" The boy asked still confused. The girl looked at him; tears threatened to overflow.
        "I forgot who I am. No one."  The boy sat down and stared at her.
        "You're wrong." The girl looked at him, now confused.
        "You're beautiful." The boy in maroon smiled. Then he kissed her on the cheek.
        "C'mon. We've got a competition to win." He said with an encouraging smile. The girl stood up and together they walked into the stadium.