Old Friends: Pt 2. Falling in White

Ruthe and Gareth travel north east towards Angel City.

Harlem fights Claire. Princess is put in coma. And Gareth and Ruthe meet Harlem in the woods screaming for help.
Ruthe is extremely shy, hiding behind Gareth. Harlem asks for help, seeing their cart. Gareth is partial, but after learning Angel has fallen, he decides heading south with Harlem is best. He won't say what he's looking for though, just that he's "on a journey."

...

There in the clearing the two stood, their eyes locked onto eachother, motionless in the frigid breeze.
"Get behind me." Harlem mumbled, pushing the princess back as her eyes began to dilate, overcome with fear.

"You forget her senses Harlem." Raymond shouted. A tingling feeling suddenly ran down his arm. "Fuck." He thought as its hairs began to stand on end.

Slowly, from behind Ray, she began to emerge. Like a wolf, leaving the shadows to attack it's long sought after prey, she starred him down, eyes black like the night sky high above.

"Care for a dance?" She asked mockingly, raising her hand towards him. As he grimaced at the thought, Harlem noticed the tiny hairs on his legs and shoulders begining to rise aswell. This wasn't the sense he was use to. No, it was something more. Like something was in the air. Like electricity.

"AANNNAAA!!!!" He suddenly shouted, as he grabbed a hold of the princess. Without warning a bolt of blue light shot from the end of Claire's arm. Shadows of the trees shot back as the dark of the night was torn away like a veil.
The deadening crack sounded as it tore through the snow, ripping at the dirt beneath, sending chunks flying. Throwing the princess out of the way, Harlem took the blow. Into his back it struck, like an army of arrows.

"AAAARRRGHHH!!!" He screamed, as the bolt tore through his cloak and shooting him through the air and smashing him through the thick trunk of a pine tree.

Splinters shot in every direction as his body decimated the tree, leaving the giant to collapse. With an enormous woosh, the tree bashed against the snow, flicking bits of its branches in all directions.

"HAAAAHAHAHAHAA!!!" Claire screamed in psychotic fury as she prepared another attack.

Her bolts tore through the trees, shattering their trunks like glass. Unsure of Harlems exact location, she only knew that he was close. Blindly she fired, annihilating the forrest around them, leaving Ray to carry out his own master plan. Slowly, he approached Anneliese.

The snow crunched softly against his feet as he moved toward her. His black, collared shirt tucked neatly, rippling in the quickening wind. In his eyes, she could see the plan. A deadly seriousness, which unlike Claire, held no point of joy. It was as if it was destiny to him. And fate for her. A fate the same as her fathers.

Desperately, she began clawing at the snow with her bare hands backing herself away from him.
"Why? Why are you doing this?" She asked, eyes set on his for only a moment, before looking around anxiously for her savior.

"It was a long time ago, Anna." Ray began to say as his shadow came over her. In every word, there was sincerity, yet it only made him all the more terrifying. "Before the days of Cloud Fire, the human race found God." He continued, as if unsure whether or not to tell her, yet unchanging on his physical actions as he came closer. "Or rather... made her." He smiled humbly as Anna's eyes shrunk in terror.

"Afraid, you are. And as they were, they seeled her away." Carefully, he kneeled down before the princess, touching her gently on the shoulder.
"But awakened, she has. And her will, this is."

He smiled softly at her, almost as to say "it's okay." But it wasn't. Nothing about this was okay. Claire screamed in laughter in the distance, pursuing Harlem through the trees as the two battled it out.