Not a secret anymore - M. Spurgeon ❤

Another imagine requested by MaggieAlatriz Thanks for the amazing ideas so far hun you can keep em coming if you'd like more, you are definitely a big help with some Inspo. If there is any other characters you'd like me to write about let me know, it will help me branch out a bit more for my creative writing and cute couple ideas!
(Takes place in season 3 when Ruby develops a crush on Moody.)

The school of Avonlea was just starting rehearsal for a big dance that was accuring for the whole town. Mrs. Rachel Lynd was leading the choreography along with her son (I forgot his name, all well🤷‍♀️).

Y/n L/n was dreading even having to dance in the first place, she was not so coordinated and often tripped over her own two feet even just walking. She was very much known as a klutz in her small town, she sighed and sent her boyfriend a worried look.

He was sitting on a desk closer to the door with her best friend Gilbert Blythe, holding his Banjo that he was going to play. He knew what that look meant, she was concerned she was going to trip on her feet while dancing and make a fool out of herself in front of everyone.

"You'll be fine." He mouthed out to her giving her a loving smile, Gilbert saw the interaction and smirked at his best friend "Don't fall." He mouthed to her teasingly. She rolled her eyes at his antics and knew he was joking. That's how their friendship worked, they always teased and made fun of each other but they we're the only ones allowed to do that.

One time when at the age of 9 (they have been best friends since they we're 5) Billy Andrews attempted to tease her like Gilbert had thinking it was okay. In result, Gilbert got very protective and mad quickly. Saying to him "You can't tease her like that, only I can!" Young Billy scoffed, "That's not fair, I want to tease her too!" 9 year old Gilbert clenched his jaw, a habit he always had when he was angry or upset. "No! only I can. She is my best friend after all." Gilbert snapped back, Billy rolled his eyes and walked back to his friends.

Y/n smiled at the memory, ever since then their bond has been closer and they we're inseparable. People always tell her that they should date already, but what they don't know is that she has been dating Moody Spurgeon for 1 month now. They wanted to keep their relationship a secret so they won't be questioned by everyone and can have privacy.

She snapped out of her thoughts when she saw Ruby Gillis enter the school, a girl who was boy obsessed, she has noticed that the young blond has been trying to get closer to her boyfriend and that made her feel uneasy. Y/n watched as Ruby sat next to Moody while he was preparing the Bango. She didn't say anything to him she just stared at him with the same heart eyes she used to give Gilbert.

Y/n glared at Ruby with jealousy and turned her head when Moody looked up at his girlfriend concerned. She blushed in embarrassment for her behavior and mentally scolded herself, for letting emotions get the best of her.

- Le time skip, brought to you by laziness -

After many trips of her feet the dance rehearsal was thankfully over. She sighed in relief and fixed her F/c bow that wrapped around her H/c pony tail to keep it secure, and patted down her F/c dress. She walked over to her desk and gathered her stuff, she saw Moody walk up to her looking as though he wanted to talk.

"Moody." She said breathlessly as he was face to face with her, he smiled slightly but it seemed as though something was bugging him "What's wrong?" She asked he sighed "I don't want to keep our relationship a secret anymore. I want to be able to show you off, and hold hands in public. I want to be able to say to everyone that you're mine." He admitted, while also adding on "I also don't want to have Ruby constantly stare at me like she's been doing so recently. I'd rather it only be you look at me in that way." He finished his confession looking into her E/c eyes

She smiled at him and pecked his cheek "Don't worry I have an idea." She whispered into his ear, he blushed and looked at her confused. She only smirked back and turned around to grab her stuff, before she or anyone else left she called for their attention "May I have everyone's attention please?!" Everyone stopped talking and looked at her curiously,

She took a deep breath and looked at her classmates, and bodly took her boyfriends hand and intertwined them, "I have a confession to make. I Y/n L/n has been dating Moody Spurgeon for one month now. Before you ask us why we hid it, the only reason we did it was for our own privacy. I only have one request to make and that is if a certain someone could please back off." She said as she glared at Ruby who flushed a deep pink and looked down about to cry.

"That is all, please have a good day." Y/n finished her speech while pulling on Moody's hand to drag him out the door. They ran out the door hand in hand and Gilbert was smiling proudly at his best friend the entire time, knowing that she finally told everyone about her relationship and she was happy. As the couple was walking to her house, Moody chuckled out "Well, I guess it's not a secret anymore." Y/n just laughed and gave him a sweet kiss on the lips in response.

Back at the school. The whole class was silent after they left and was in awe, besides Ruby, who was crying to herself. Everyone suddenly burst out into cheer "It's about time!" Billy yelled out with his usual obnoxious smirk.

After that the finally outed couple was able to hold hands, kiss, and admire each other in public without any worries at all. Sure they still got teased a bit. Though, ever since the admition of their relationship they have been known as the power couple of Avonlea and they could not be any happier.