Chapter 1, Page 1

Long ago, two races ruled over Earth: HUMANS and MONSTERS. One day, war broke out between the two races. After a long battle, the humans were victorious. They sealed the monsters underground with a magic spell.

Many years later...

Mt. Ebott

201X

Legends say that those who climb the mountain never return...

DUALTALE

A boy dressed in a red and black shirt, blue pants, yellow shoes, and an orange and yellow scarf laid on the ground with his eyes closed, his body sore from the fall. "Are you ok? Say something!" Came a voice. He groaned as he opened his eyes to see a child younger than himself with bandages on their wrist and cheek staring down at him with a worried expression. The boy let out a sound of alarm as he crawled away from them.

"Who the- what? What happened?" He asked as he looked around.

"You fell." Said the child as they pointed upwards. Nemo followed where they were pointing and saw a large hole with sunlight shining through it.

"I see... wait, who are you?" Asked the boy as he looked back at them.

"I'm Frisk." They replied.

"Nice to meet ya Frisk, name's Nemo." He said. With that Nemo stood up and walked over to the wall of the cavern they were in. He put a hand on the wall and walked around the cavern. After taking a full lap around the cavern he stopped and walked back to Frisk. "Well, looks like we can't climb out, the walls are too flat." He explained.

"I see." Said Frisk sadly. Then they turned and looked another way."If we can't go back the way we came, then there's only one other way to go."

Nemo turned to where Frisk was looking and saw that the cavern continued that way.

"Alrighty then." Said Nemo as he looked at Frisk. "Shall we?" Frisk gave a small smile and nodded their head. With that the pair walked together down the path, they didn't have to travel far before reaching a framed opening. "That's strange." Commented Nemo as they walked inside. Once through they walked a short distance before seeing a lone sunflower in the center of the cavern. "Is... is that flower... smiling at us?" Asked Nemo.

"I think so." Said Frisk.

"Howdy!" Said the flower, causing both humans to jump in surprise. "I'm Flowey. Flowey the Flower!" It looked at the duo. "Hmmm... you're new to the Underground, aren'tcha? Golly, you must be so confused."

"Talking flower." Said Nemo absentmindedly.

"Hm?" Said Flowey.

"Frisk, you also see the flower right?" Asked Nemo. Frisk nodded their head in response. "Ok, good, so I haven't lost my mind yet. Please continue talking flower."

"I told you, my name is Flowey." Replied Flowey. "Someone ought to teach you how things work around here! I guess little old me will have to do. Ready? Here we go!" Suddenly a glowing head appeared from each human, Frisk's was red, and Nemo's was white. "See those hearts? Those are your souls. The very culminations of your beings! Your soul starts off weak, but will grow stronger if you gain a lot LV. What's LV stand for? Why, LOVE of course! You want some LOVE don't you? Don't worry, I'll share some with you!"

"There's something off about this." Thought Nemo.

Suddenly a bunch of white pellets shaped like sunflower seeds appeared above Flowey. "Down here, LOVE is shared through... little white... 'friendliness pellets'. Are you ready?" Asked Flowey, suddenly the pellets began to move towards them. "Move around get as many as you can." Nemo gently grabbed Frisk and nudged them out of the pellet's path while avoiding them at the same time. This action caused Flowey to make a face. "Hey, what are you doing?" He asked.