2- The End's Begining

Prepping the Kikimore's body for travel didn't take as long as Eyylin would have thought. It was only a few hours after the fight when the two set back out for the town. They had takin a little break for some food before they left. The deer nearby the pond has unfortunately been caught up in the fight and was injured. As much as she felt pity for the creature, she was glad to have a warm meal. 

Geralt and her had spoken some more. He had commented on her throw of the dagger, and ability to ride the creature for the short while. Eyylin had commented on how stupid his plan was, and that he was lucky she was around. 

Eventually the two set off. Traveling most of the night through the swamp. As irritable and unpleasant of an experience that was Eyylin was quite content to be sharing that with somebody else. 

Dawn had started to break when they hit the main roads again. Geralt estimated that from there it was about a 3 hour's walk to Blavikin. They had come to once again walking in an almost silence. Eyylin was glad, gave her more time to think about the situation she was in. 

As much as she hated it, so far the Witcher had proved to be actually quite good company. He seemed not to mind her, and she didn't mind his brooding and grumbly nature. Behind it she kept getting glimpses of a man she felt she'd quite like. Which sucks.

I'll have to leave once we get payed, and fast. As seemingly unsuspecting as he is right now, the longer I'm around him the worse things will get. I can't forget what he is just because he isn't immediately like the other. 

As they walked she had noticed the occasional glance from him. It uneased her, but the safest action was to continue acting as she had been. This personality had protected her in the past, hopefully it would continue to now. 

Still, she internally cursed her little bit of recklessness with the Kikimore. As Geralt had commented it was very impressive that she was able to get onto it and stay on for as long as she had. Perhaps she was overanalyzing, but the underlying message implied it was rather too impressive. 

Not wanting to panic she tried to distract herself with almost any other thought, though her Witcher companion seemed to always find a way back to being the focus. Eventually she felt the need to break the silence.

"Is it true that Witchers can't be made anymore?" She already knew the answer. What the Witcher's response would be interested her.

Geralt was silent for long enough that she looked up at him to see if he had heard her. "Not since Kaer Morhen fell." The Witcher's tone carried a hint of resentment. Eyylin couldn't tell if it was for the place he was made, or for the fact it was gone. 

Ahead a small town finally came into view. A small sigh of relief escaped her lips. 
"We're here."

Silently the girl tapped her hand to her blades, insuring they're still there. Given her company the silver almost seemed to burn. 

~~

Blavikin was grey, muddy, and oddly full of people. The ground was muck and rocks, no doubt due to the sheer amount of travel through the main part of town. Everything was made of stone or wood and just felt very bland. If there ever was a cliché small town with a small market, it was here. 

It wasn't hard to notice the townsfolk giving Eyylin and Geralt looks as they passed. No doubt a mix of fear and intrigue. Witchers are known for being loners, but also for causing trouble wherever they go. Most small towns either carry contempt or gratitude for Witchers, and often the prior. 

The pair stopped at an Inn. Eyylin didn't need to ask why, the best way to find someone is to ask the locals. The alderman would likely not be far from the city center anyways.