Chapter 2 - Trouble on Felucia

A loud beeping from the ship's console burst Sifo-Dyas awake from a deep sleep. He looked around him sharply, quickly trying to remember where he was and why. Relaxing a few seconds later as memory returned to him. He clicked off the beeping that informed him the ship was five minutes from coming out of lightspeed. The blue-white clouds still passed over him like he was travelling through some magical dream. No smoke or screams plagued this hyperspace though. In fact, when he had first entered hyperspace, he had expected to see the clouds fade away into smoke and see his vision for true. Yet nothing had happened, and it appeared he fell naturally into a bored sleep.

He clicked several buttons and placed a hand on the hyperspace lever, bringing it back up to separate the blue-white clouds into long thin streaks that zoomed back into a trillion white dots on the black canvas of space.

The T-6 shuttle rocked heavily as it disengaged hyperspace and sped heavily towards the green and orange plant world of Felucia. It had been over a decade since his last visit, but he had, had some practice of ancient Felucian since then. So, he was 'somewhat' confident about his ability to use the language again here; hoping that it would lead to a more beneficial negotiation. There were no ships entering or exiting the world and the ship's computer suggested the planet was scarcely travelled recently. Probably due to the 'somewhat' hostile negotiations he chuckled to himself. Bringing the shuttle through the lighter atmosphere of Felucia. The planet was less polluted and a lot smaller than Coruscant, and so the journey through the atmosphere seemed a lot easier on the ship. The dark abyss brightened into a great white light that the shuttle's viewport tinted in adjustment for, before the white faded away into the beautiful view of Felucia's flora world. Extravagant plants, bulbs and trees covered the landscape of Felucia, all shapes and sizes from tiny thin stemmed plants to giant domed shaped transparent bushes.

Sifo-Dyas had no idea what the plants or trees were called, there were millions of different flora on Felucia and it was a hopeless task to even try and remember the names. Sifo simply cruised the ship over the jungle and towards the coordinates given, to where the main negotiation camp was located.

The Felucian's were at the tail-end of a peaceful revolution to bring a communist government in over the current dictatorship that the Felucian's currently enjoyed. However, the negotiations slowly began to turn even more hostile than the revolution, and so the Jedi Council had been contacted by the communists to oversee the negotiations as Felucia was a Republic world. The Jedi were not to get involved were any conflict to break out, but it was hoped that the impartial and respected view of the Jedi would be valuable during the final negotiations.

As the ship passed a long glittering river coming from one end of the horizon and passing through the other, a clearing opened up with twelve farming hut domes in a semi-circle around a large farming dome five times the size of the others. Just ahead of the clearing was another, smaller and more recently made. Two ships were currently landed in the clearing, with room for Sifo's on the far left. Slowly he descended and the wings of the ship rotated again to lay the ship flat. The landing ramp descended and Sifo-Dyas made his exit as the atmospheric pressurizers blasted steam across the surface of the ramp and the planet. He left his cloak on board the ship, so he just wore his tunic and his lightsaber hung loosely from his utility belt. As he left the ship, he began walking towards the hut domes ahead when a familiar deep and unmistakable voice called to him from behind.

"Sifo!"

Sifo's eyes widened in shock as he spun around and his deep brown eyes laid on his closest and oldest friend. Dooku was smiling widely and arms opened invitingly, as he strolled past the landing ramp and over to Sifo.

"Dooku!" Sifo cried out surprised, walking back to meet him halfway they embraced. Pulling away Sifo gripped Dooku's arms and looked at him up and down with a surprised smile on his face. "Look at you! All Count and royal-like!" He laughed as he let go of his friend and took a step back to admire the Count's attire.