Chapter 3 - Army of the Republic

Sifo-Dyas was met by the black border of space as he disengaged from hyperspace and zoomed towards the dark blue planet that hovered in front of him. Storm clouds covered the atmosphere of Kamino, bright flashes of lightning erupted in the clouds as Sifo looked around the questionable cockpit of the ship he and Dooku had taken from Felucia. He had dropped Dooku off at Serenno a day before, only a short trip from Felucia. But Kamino had required him to travel across the entire Outer Rim to reach the system. As he entered the stormy atmosphere of the planet, Sifo was completely unsure if the ship would make it through. Well, if this is how it ends at least no one knows where I am...apart from Dooku. But I'm sure he'd make it sound more dramatic and exciting than me simply dying in a thunderstorm.

He thought of the trip to Felucia as the ship made its rocky descent through the clouds. He had no doubt and no more thoughts on the matter of the conflict, but he was just glad that Dooku was there. His oldest friend had shown up at the time Sifo needed him most. He had never felt so lost and so alone in the Jedi Order. He knew Dooku had gone through similar times at the temple, but he was glad he was able to find Dooku to help him through this.

Although he knew the council wouldn't approve of this action, he knew that he had to do it. Dooku was right. Any militarisation of the Jedi Order would mean the death of the Jedi Order, and that is something Sifo wouldn't be responsible for. The ship ripped through the storm clouds into the grim rainy sky of Kamino. He homed in on the capital city and travelled high over the endless ocean towards it. Dozens of domed shaped cities connected together by long covered and uncovered bridges.

The ship flung towards one of the disc shaped landing pads and landed roughly onto the metal platform. Smoke and atmospheric pressurisers blasted from the sides of the ship as the landing ramp descended. Sifo grabbed a random hooded coat that hung from the side of the cockpit, but finding it was made for a Felucian just flung it over his head like an umbrella. He descended the landing ramp and jogged along the hundred metre bridge to the glass door that allowed access to the city. For a water world, you'd expect they'd accommodate more for the rain. Sifo said sarcastically to himself. As he reached the door it slid smoothly open, to allow Sifo into a bright – very bright white hallway.

The square shaped walls curved around the sides, with white lights built into the walls. It looked like a giant hospital, but also seemed quiet and abandoned. He looked from left to right and saw a tall – very tall and very thin Kaminoan walking slowly towards him. She had a thick body and long legs, with a stick thick neck that was almost a metre long, with a small round head at the top. Her eyes were wide and stretched around her head. She stopped two metres away from him and bowed her head.

"Good day, master Jedi. We have not been expecting any visits from you or the Republic. It has been a long time, since we had any contact with you." She spoke very, very slowly and had a very soft voice. She gestured with her hands and Sifo noticed the thick three fingered hands. He smiled in politeness and lowered the Felucian coat to his side.

"Good day, my name is Master Sifo-Dyas, of the Jedi High Council. I have come here on behalf of the Jedi Order and the Republic to seek your services." He spoke pleasantly, but also reserved.

"My name is Oralya. Please follow me, and I will take you to the Prime Minister, where you may discuss your proposal." Oralya turned and lead Sifo back down the long hallway she had come.

Oralya lead Sifo through many halls similar to the ones they had started in. All long white corridors, that were so bright they were almost making him tired. As they walked across interior bridges over certain parts of the city, Sifo saw what he thought to be large cloning chambers and factories, the stands and incubation pods for hundreds of thousands of clones.