Chapter 4 - Betrayal

Count Dooku's was now Darth Tyranus. His brown cloak hood raised the only part of his face visible in the shadow was his mouth and sharp greying beard. The golden solar sailor sailed towards the orbit of Oba Diah. The green-grey coloured world was covered in thick dark clouds and fog. The ship gracefully flew through the atmosphere coming through the fog to the Pyke Palace, large towers built into the endless mountain dunes. The droid pilot sent the ship down onto a long extending platform littered with spice crates ready for shipment.

Three Pyke security guards came along the platform to meet the solar sailor as it landed easily on the dust covered platform. The guards stood several feet away from the landing ramp as Darth Tyranus descended the platform and approached them.

"Darth Tyranus, you are welcome here. Lom Pyke is expecting you." The closest guard said, and they turned, guiding Tyranus across the landing pad into the palace. The halls of the palace were dimly lit, only dull wall lighting illuminating the outline of the halls. The palace looked more like a prison than a home. Dozens on steel doors blocked rooms and guards patrolled the corridors, walking past Tyranus not giving him any glances. It had been a while since Dooku was able to release his power. He had spent a long time, especially with Sifo-Dyas hiding his power deep within him and he released it now. Even the Pykes; non-force users and simple minded would be able to feel the evil and the power emitting from Tyranus. And soon, the entire galaxy will sense itDooku thought to himself.

The Pykes lead Tyranus through more halls, now foggy with the orange hue of refined spice. He saw and smelt it surrounding him, fragrant and strong. This was powerful spice. The Pykes took their spice as raw as they could have it, only slightly refined, which made it more dangerous and far more potent. The Pykes breath the stuff. It's despicable, and disgusting. It's a wonder they've managed to keep the syndicate afloat from being on the highs of spice so often.

A large archway standing twenty feet tall opened the hallway into a large chamber. Twice as wide, stretching twenty metres and a length of eighty, Tyranus slowly approached the great Lom Pyke; head of the Pyke Syndicate who sat on a stone throne at the far end of the room. The chamber was held up by columns lining the walls with eight feet gaps. A security guard stood in front of each column, and between the columns were rich Pykes smoking spice and surrounded by slaves. Mostly Twi-lek women in exposing dresses and robes. They served the Pykes spice, food and alcohol; looking at them with hate and shivering away as Tyranus passed them.

Tyranus' eyes were fixed on Lom Pyke, uninterested in the other Pykes and their slaves. Yet he sensed the fear. The silence that filled the room the closer and closer he got to the throne. As they approached the throne, two of the three guards separated and went to the sides of the throne. The third who had spoken to Tyranus stopped ahead of the throne, Tyranus following suit and he bowed.

"Master. Darth Tyranus has come..." His head rose from its bow and he was waved to the side by Lom Pyke and Tyranus took a step forward; snarling menacingly.

"Darth Tyranus, you are welcome on Oba Diah. The Pykes are pleased to meet you, for the first time in the flesh." Lom Pyke said slowly and meditatively. His voice was deep and croaky, carrying all the signs of spice overdosing and prolonged exposure.

"The pleasure is mine, Lom Pyke. Our meeting has been long in waiting." Tyranus' voice differed from Dooku, the tone and pitch were the same, but the voice carried menace and cruelty. His voice carried all the signs of someone powerful and ready to strike down an enemy with one stroke. "I understand negotiations with the Republic are going well." Tyranus said intrigued, striking a nerve with Lom that made him twitch. He took the pipe from the offering hand of a green skin Twi-lek slave and took a deep inhale of the spice, before passing the pipe back and letting the excess escape through his nose.