Harlan's death

Follow one housekeeper named Fran carrying a tray of coffee up a flight of stairs. A hallway, doors all closed. The house has not woken up, and Fran steps slightly. Up a much narrower creaky flight of steep stairs.

Fran: "Morning Mr. Thrombrey."

But the bed is empty, unslept in. A thrown across it. Fran heads out onto the landing and up an even narrower half flight of stairs, which leads to a single door. A cramped attic study, every shelf crammed with curios. The door swings open and Fran sees Harlan Thrombrey himself. 85 years old. Slung across a white leather day bed. Throat slit. Drenched in blood. Very much dead. 

Marta Cabrera wakes with a cry. Plain, modern, cramped. Marta, in her late twenties, takes a moment to catch her breath. Opens a window. A tiny window in a cheap apartment building opens, Marta's face appears breathing deep. 

ONE WEEK LATER 

Marta sits in front of a laptop. Her MOM is at the table with her, her sister ALICE watches CSI on an iPad on the countertop. Murder related dialog from the show. While William was sitting down next to Marta looking down at his phone. Marta scrolls through a job site, tired, eyes dead. Her mom watches, concerned. While William has bloodshot eyes, looking tired, and numb watching the news he saw the title "HARLAN THROMBREY DEAD". He shuts his phone and his eyes full of tears William wiped them off. 

Marta's Mom: "Alice, turn that off now."

Alice: " Why it's almost over, what -they're finding out who did it and the wifi sucks in my room so it doesn't play it'slike two minutes left that there isn't even anything bad on it, it's just normal tv and they're just talking ok ok goddddd whatever or whatever."

Marta's Mom: "Now please just turn it off. Turn it off. Now.Alice. Off.They're talking about a murder on it, your sister and William just had a friend they loved slit his throat open and they don't need to be hearing that right now let's be sensitive!

Marta's mom standing yelling, Alice slams the iPad cover closed. Marta puts her head in her hand. She looks at her mom, who looks back at her with protective sympathy. Marta starts laughing at the absurdity of it, but the laugh turns into crying. William just stays quiet and put his on the table and sighs.

Marta: "Thanks, mom. I love you. God, none of this seems real. Alice, you can keep watching your show it's alright."

Alice: "No, I guessed who did it anyway. I'm sorry Marta, William."

Alice hugs William and her sister. Marta's phone rings. WALT THROMBEY.

Marta: "It's Harlan's son. Maybe it's about the funeral."

(Answers)

Marta: "Hi Walt."

(Listens)

Marta: "Uh Huh."

Her face shifts in confusion. 

Marta: "What?"

William started talking you can hear a thick British accent.

William: "What did Walt say."

Marta: "Some cops and a detective are doing an interview with Thrombrey's."

William: "We should go."

A/N: This is the first chapter. I hope you guys liked it. I just watch knives out twice a couple of days ago I loved it so much that I wanted to write about my of in it. I was disappointed that there wasn't a lot of knives out fanfics here in Wattpad. Please Vote, Comment, Share Words: 561