Getting closer to the clues

Previously on the last chapter

Walt: "We talked it over and the whole family, we want to take care both of you."

William: "I already have a parental guardian."

Meg: "Yes I know but."

Marta: "What does that mean?"

Meg: "We all think you guys deserve something."

Walt: "Financially, we want to help you guys out. You both were never anything but good to dad. Because of that, you can count on us. "

Walt embraces them, Meg puts a hand on Marta's back.

Back to the present

Over Walt's shoulder, Marta and William see Harlan's portrait again. Has its expression changed? It looks like it has a slight conspiratorial smile. Marta breathes - maybe this is all going to be ok.

Walt: "I thought you should have been at the funeral, by the way. I was outvoted."

William(grumbles): "Yeah Yeah save your excuses."

Later. Marta and William come out to get some air. Exhales deeply. And then she jumps - Their not alone. Benoit Blanc sits in a wicker chair in the dark, smoking a long thin cigar. 

Marta: "Wah ha. Detective. You're still here?"

William: "Hiya Benji."

Blanc: "William Benjamin is not my name. So don't call me that nickname."

William: "Nope. Imma call you whoever I want."

Blanc: "Yes Ms. Cabrera I'm still here."

Silence. Blanc smokes and stares at Marta. Marta shifts. 

Marta: "Did you know Harlan?"

Blanc: "He knew my father who was a police detective. Years ago."

Marta: "So that's why you're here?"

Blanc: "Here now here? No. I stayed hoping to speak to you a little more."

Marta: "Uh?"

Blanc: "Something is afoot with this whole affair. I know it, and I believe you both know it."

Marta: "So you're... going to keep digging."

Blanc: "Harlan's detectives they dig, they rifle and root, truffle pigs. I anticipate the terminus of gravity's rainbow."

William: "Heard of it but didn't read."

Marta: "Gravity's Rainbow."

Blanc: "It's a novel."

William: "I know."

Marta: "I know. I haven't read it."

Blanc: "Neither have I. Nobody has. But I like the title. It describes the path of a projectile, determined by natural law. Voila, my method. I observe the facts without biases of the head or heart, I determine the arc's path, stroll leisurely to Its terminus, and the truth falls at my feet.(beat)The medical examiner was ready to rule this a suicide, but Elliottagreed to keep it pending for forty-eight hours. Tomorrow morning I search the grounds and the house, begin my investigation. I want you both to be by my side for it. My confidant, my eyes, and ears."

Marta: "What but - why us?"

Blanc: "I trust your kind heart. And I want William to become my protege Also you both are the only ones who had nothing to gain from Harlan's death. So what about it Watson, Moriarty."