A donuts hole

Previously on the last chapter.

Elliott: "Mr. Drysdale, come with us please."

Elliott leads Ransom off by the elbow. Ransom throws a look back at Marta - he has no idea what's going on.

Marta: "What's going on?"

Blanc: "It was Ransom. "Ransom came back," she said. I don't know what he came back to do, but we'll find out."

Marta looks at Ransom - oh no. Senile Greatnana thought she was him. This is a mistake. But... she glances at her watch - 9:51.

Blanc: "Did he tell you to drive when he saw me coming?"

Ransom's being led to the police car. Marta decides.

Marta: "Yes."

Marta gets back in her car. She pretends to take a sip from an empty soda cup but actually spits up a little into it.

Elliott: "Blanc."

Blanc: "I'll drive with Marta."

Blanc: "William comes with."

To Marta's horror, Blanc opens her passenger door folowing William who sits in the back.

Blanc: "Let's go to the police station, I want a full rundown of everything he said to you, and I can catch you up on where we're at."

Cop cars coast through town, Marta's bringing up the rear.

Marta glances at the dashboard clock - 9:55. Blanc, casual

Blanc: "Strange case from the start. A broken arc, a case with a hole in the middle. A donut. I'm just talking through my process here, let me know if this is boring."

Marta's arms are locked, her eyes steal a glance at the clock - 9:58.

Blanc: "I feel the noose tightening - the family are truly desperate. Walt owes bad men money, his life depends on the inheritance. Joni's entire business and carefully cultivated image will crumble without it. And Richard - I sense there's more at stake for Richard than his marriage."

Marta: "Richard signed a prenup. With Linda. Ransom told me - he'd get nothing if she divorced him."

Blanc: "Of course! So he may be the most dangerous of all."

Blanc: "A donut! One central piece, and if it reveals itself the fog would lift, the arc would resolve, the slinky become unkinked." (Kinky~)

William: "Why food?"

Blanc looks at him and shrugged.

Marta: "I need to pick something up. From a friends. A check. For a thing. Can I stop and pick something up?" William, can you come?"

William: "Sure."

Blanc: "Sure."

Marta's car makes a sharp turn, leaving the cop caravan.

A row of storefronts - 1209 is vacant. Marta's car pulls a few stores past it. She gets out of the car.

Marta: "We'll just be a few minutes."

Marta and William run into a bustling hair salon.

Marta and William ducks out the back door of the salon goes two doors down to 1209 and slip into the back door.

Dark, empty retail space. Lit only by the painted-over front windows. Marta edges her way in, her eyes still adjusting from the sun.

Marta: "Hello?"