#5 Get In Loser, We're Going Shopping *Luke Hemmings*

Today was officially the worst day of your life.

Everything seemed to have gone wrong.

You failed the math test that you were so sure that you had aced, the school asshole decided to trip you on the way up the stairs and now your legs were covered in bruises, you had missed the bus earlier and since you didn't have a ride, you had to walk the twenty minutes to school and was almost late to your class, and you had lost your money on the walk so you were starving the whole day. At least your crush didn't find out that you liked them and reject you in the most harsh way possible... oh wait, he did, and it sucked.

Brushing your hair out of your face, you clutched your heavy textbooks to your chest and readjusted your backpack on your back as you walked down the hallway, staring at your feet so you could avoid everyone's judging gazes. The public humiliation that took place today because of your asshole ex-crush had spread like wildfire throughout the whole school, and you could hear everyone whispering about what a loser you were behind your back.

You let out a sigh of relief as you reached the school exit and pushed through the doors, leaving the claustrophobic school behind you as the bright light of day danced off your skin and the pressure in your chest lifted slightly. But, the weight immediately crushed your lungs when you realized that you didn't have a ride home and that you had to walk home in the sweltering sun.

It was at this thought that you could feel your walls finally break and tears begin to pool at the corners of your eyes.

"Fuck this," you whispered to yourself as you walked forward a couple of steps. Your attention was quickly caught by the loud blaring of American Idiot getting closer and closer. By now, there was large crowd of people looking curiously for the source of the noise when your eyes landed on something incredibly familiar. Your tears of frustration were replaced by tears of joy. Your best friends who had been on tour for the past year were driving up to the front of your school in Luke's old pick up truck.

Calum, Michael, and Ashton were standing up and yelling like the dorks they were with their shirts off and large smiles on their faces in the back of the truck as they sang the lyrics to the song as loud as they could. You could see Luke banging his head to the beat as he drove and you let out a laugh.

God you had missed them.

Running up to the front of the crowd of fawning girls and jealous boys, the three boys caught sight of you, jumped out of the moving car, ran up to you, and pulled you into them with loud, excited cheers escaping their lips.

You were full on crying by now, and as you clung onto three of your four best friends as they carried you to the truck, you could feel the disbelieving gazes of the crowd but you didn't care. You were just happy to be reunited with the boys.

They placed you down and peppered you with cheek kisses before hopping back in the trunk with large smiles on their faces. Turning to the door, you met Luke's ecstatic grin with your own and just before you opened the door, you watched as he rolled down the window and said in a fake sassy tone, quoting his all-time favorite movie, "Get in loser... we're going shopping!"