#20 Piano *Luke Hemmings*

"Thanks for the ride Cal," you chirped, exiting his car.

He nodded in response, smiling slightly. "No problem."

You grinned, watching his car exit the driveway. You spun on the ball of your foot and walked up Luke's porch, stopping in front of his door.

You rapped your fist softly against the door, waiting for someone to answer.

"Oh hi (Y/N)," Liz greeted, smiling at the sight of you. Liz had always liked you a lot. You didn't know why but it was nice.

"Hello Liz!" you grinned.

"C'mon in! Luke's in the music room," she explained, opening the door wider for you to enter.

You stepped into the house, smiling at your surroundings. You came here so often, it was almost like a second home.

You walked through the hall, hearing beautiful music grow louder as you got closer to the room.

When you reached the door, you pressed your ear against it, listening to the soft tones. After a few moments, you could hear Luke begin to sing, just barely loud enough for you to hear.

You grinned, blushing slightly as you realized he was singing Beside You, one of your favorite songs by them.

You opened the door quietly, just wide enough for you to see him. He was facing away from you, but you could see his fingers gently gliding over the keys, producing a beautiful harmony with his voice.

You leaned against the doorway, watching as he came to the end of the song. His voice faded to a low whisper, cutting off completely a few moments later.

"I didn't know you could play piano," you commented, breaking the silence.

He jumped in his seat, whipping around to look at you. His eyes were wide, a slight blush adorning his cheeks. "Did you hear...?"

You nodded, a wide grin on your face. "It was beautiful."

"You really think so?" he asked, mussing his messy quiff nervously.

"Yeah, I do," you assured, sitting next to him on the bench, "Can you play something else?"

"Uh... sure," he answered, turning back toward the piano. He began to play a few notes, you immediately recognizing the song.

"I Miss You by Blink?" you asked.

He nodded, his brow furrowing in concentration. He began to sing, shifting his gaze nervously at you before looking back down at the grand instrument.

"Hello there. The angel from my nightmare. The shadow in the background of the morgue."

You smiled, joining in. "The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley. We can live like Jack and Sally if we want..."

He looked at you, surprised. He had never heard you sing before, so this was a first for him.

You both sung through the song, occasionally exchanging nervous glances and small smiles.

After singing the final line, you both looked at each other, a slight blush on your faces.

Your eyes widened as you saw him lean closer, his face only centimeters away from yours.

"Well this is going on Facebook," someone interrupted, you and Luke jumping away from each other. You glanced toward the voice, blushing maroon when you saw Liz at the door, holding her phone in front of her.

"Mom!" Luke shouted, his face even redder then yours. "Please, go away."

She smirked, turning around, "Okay, okay." The door closed behind her, leaving you and Luke alone in the room once more.

"So..." Luke dragged.

"So..." you copied, staring at your feet. You glanced up at him, speaking softly, "We were... we were about to..."

"Yup," Luke answered awkwardly, looking anywhere but you.

You looked at him nervously, a shy glimmer in your eye. "Do you.. do you maybe... want to?"

Your eyes widened as you felt a slight pressure against your lips, only moments after you had asked.

Luke pulled away, a wide smile on his face, "Yes... yes I do."