If Somehow|(1/4)TANJIROU x Depressed! Reader[ANGST]

If Somehow|(4/4)TANJIROU x Depressed! Reader[ANGST]

A/N- As a suggestion from the author himself! I'd listen first to the music before proceeding into reading this literary piece of mine, if you did, visualize that you're the one singing this angsty song throughout the story for the extra saddening/ depressing feels. :')

-Anyways, you've won a free trial of depression!
or
-You've been infected by the "corona crippling depression" by talking with no_friends_Giyu_Tomioka.

•••

[Reader's Point of View]

If somehow, I could leave it all behind and everything
Do you think, that a bit of joy would finally come to me?
My heart is breaking and the ache will start again... and never ends
Please don't say anything

Sometimes, life itself can be pretty cruel and unfair and I accept that, and I remember my cries of despair from my early life...

My beloved family and friends were all slaughtered by demons when I was little, it broke my heart into thousand of pieces as if it was made of glass, I heard it shattered deep in my mind and now... I devoted my life to slay them so that no more would suffer a tradegy like we did.

___

I stared at the dark night sky as I leaned my weight down the rooftop of the Butterfly Estate. The wind itself is gentle, there was the noises of the crickets yet it was strangely calming.

I began singing as my eyes caught at the sky looking at the stars out of boredom, fully concentrated onto my doings, I didn't noticed that he came by my side.

"(Y/N)-san?" The voice brought me back to reality, meeting the deep ruby pair of orbs beside me.

"Kamado-kun?" I asked, wondering what he was doing-and of course, my expression is neutral as I glanced at him.

"You really love looking at the stars don't you?" He asked.

I took a deep breath then sighs, "Get to the point." I said coldly.

"I'm sorry (Y/N)-san!" He apologized. "Uhm... I-I, I'm really interested to get to know you (Y/N)."

My eyes stared, locked at his.

"B-but, don't get the wrong idea!" He panicked and I let out a silent chuckle enough not to be noticed by him.

"You should be spending your time with your friends." I changed his topic. "...after all, you have lots of them." I then mumbled silently.

"Wait, (Y/N)-san, why don't you?"

"...I don't have friends at all," I started, standing up at the middle of the roof, "Please, if you're going to corcern yourself with me, just don't, don't."

Sadness and sadness filled the area after I uttered my words, but those are what I really need to say, I'm tired, I'm really tired of losing those who I care for-and it's enough.

He grabbed my left hand which surprised me completely, my eyes widened-looking at him back.

"(Y/N)-san, you're depressed, aren't you?" His words surprised me, how did he? How can he know what I feel? Was it only a coincidence?

"Please, please... Let go of my hand." I said coldly, slightly raising my voice but enough for him to let go, I jumped down the roof then I noticed... Tears were already dripping down my face despite of having no facial expression at all.

'I'm sorry Tanjirou, but you should not let yourself get attached with me.'

'But having a friend once again... It wouldn't hurt to have some again, right?'

04/23/20