celestial being! jeremy x celestial being! reader

"we were just two beings passing each other. nothing more, nothing less"

-Nubivagant-
adj.) moving among the clouds

when people die, they don't go to heaven or hell. in fact, there isn't much of an afterlife after all. our souls are released into the atmosphere to roam the earth in another realm directly above the living: the clouds.

my name is (y/n) (l/n), and i am a girl who passed away in her teenage years. my life was corrupt and filled with mistakes. with no friends dead or alive, i guess i could say i am lonely. i've never had the opportunity to make friends anyway.

it couldn't hurt to try and make some in the afterlife, though.

i decided to take a walk in the cloud garden, a place where newly dead people first arrive. around me were other people's relatives hugging each other, tears of joy flooding their vision. i kept my head low, not paying much attention to them. i had originally came here to meet people, but i don't want them thinking i'm odd or to embarrass myself.

mid thought, i had ran head first into someone.
"o-oh my dearest apologies, d-darling. i had n-n-no i-intention of r-r-running into y-you." a voice said. i looked up and made eye contact with the young boy i had run into.

he was a relatively scrawny young lad. he had soft emerald eyes and bruised pale skin. he was dressed in a light green sweater with a pair of brown pants. the boy had fluffy brown hair and a few faded lines across his arm that his sweater failed to conceal.

"oh no need to apologize! i was the one who ran into you." i responded, my face feeling a warm rose color after meeting his gaze.

"i'm jeremy," the boy smiled as he held out his hand. "i'm new."
i shook his hand.
"i'm (y/n). if you wouldn't mind, i could show you around. i've been here a while so i know a few things concerning the area."
"oh p-p-please d-do, q-quite frankl-l-ly, i'm l-lost." he laughed shyly.

well isn't he such an innocent peach!

"follow me," i smiled as i took his hand.

Part two coming soon