cheater! mike x reader

"i know that i'm not that important to you but to me boy, you're so much more than gorgeous"

⚠️MENTIONS OF CHILD ABUSE, MINOR MENTION OF SEXUAL ABUSE, MINOR MENTION OF PHYSICAL ABUSE, AND PEDOPHILIA⚠️

kalopsia
(n.) the delusion of things appearing more beautiful than they truly are.

we met at a typical coffee shop. that sounds basic, i know. but when he pressed his beautiful ocean eyes into my (e/c) orbs, i knew mike schmidt would be the one to ruin me. i had applied for a nightshift job, and i was surprised to find he worked there too.
a few months later we moved into an apartment together. he taught me things and i taught him. we loved each other, and eventually he proposed to me. i gleefully accepted.
but recently i could tell there's been a dip in our relationship.
i had been assigned the day shift, so i assumed it was the time difference that had made communication so much harder for us.
but then he started coming home much later than normal, and leaving much earlier.
he would come home drunk sometimes, but mike would try to make up for it with buying me nice things. he was truly a sweetheart.
the gesture is sweet, but i have a swirling motion in my stomach, as if something bad is about to happen tonight.

"alright doll face, i'm gonna go now." mike said as he grabbed his car keys.
"m-mike?" i asked nervously. i don't want him thinking i'm being clingy, but i'm genuinely concerned about him.
"promise me you won't go to the bar tonight? i have a bad feeling."
"yeah, sure." he brushed off my request as he kissed me and left. i stood still and listened to his car pull out of the driveway and leave.
"fuck it," i thought to myself as i grabbed my keys and followed his car at a distance.
if he knew i were following him, he could be pissed. but i know my perfect husband wouldn't ignore me. he loves me. and i love him. mike could be a bit sketchy at times, but that's just his personality. he pulled into the pizzeria parking lot to work his shift, and i pulled into the wendy's parking lot across the street.

i'm probably gonna be here for a while, so a quick nap wouldn't cause me any harm.

i awoke to the sound of a worker tapping on my window. "ma'am? i'm gonna have to ask you to leave." the worker said. he was a teenage boy with a squeaky voice.
"okay, thank you," i said as i pulled out of the parking lot. just then, mike came out of the pizzeria and entered his car. i followed as he began driving. he headed towards the bar, but i watch as he passed it.
"huh?" i said to myself. "maybe he took a wrong turn."
but he just kept going straight.
eventually, he pulled into the local mall's parking lot.

by now, it was 7 AM. why would he be going to the mall at this time?

he parked his car and got out, carrying a bouquet of flowers with him.

Alright, now i'm suspicious.

i parked my car too after i saw him leave. then i slowly followed him from a distance. we both entered the mall at different times through the food court entrance.

i hid over by a plant and threw on a black hoodie and sunglasses.

he walked over to the starbucks section and began chatting with a younger barista.

mike and i are both 26, but this girl appeared to be 16. she had long black hair and pretty blue eyes. i'm not jealous of her, i'm more concerned for her. why would a teenage girl be talking to an older man? unless they somehow know each other, this seems super creepy.