Inipanae athirchi....

Kathir returns from the medical shop and stands outside the door and takes a deep breath...

Remnants of a smile still linger on his face...receiving compliments is so new to him, his face feels warm....

He goes inside and gives the medicine cover to Mullai...

K: Polamah?

She nods and they begin to walk towards the gardens.

K: Eppadi amma kitteirunthu kayathae maraikkae poreh?

M: Mukka kai veichae kurti illanae churidhaar pottupen...

K: Hmmmm... renduthukkum ennae vithiyasm?

She smiles... Of course he has this doubt...the two women in his family don't wear it..and so she starts explaining..

If someone had told him, a few months ago, that he would be discussing about ladies clothes with Mullai, he would have laughed at them and called them mental....but yet...here he is listening to her patiently, while she talked about kurtis, chudidhaars and anarkalis...

Very soon, they reach the gardens..and find the gang all sitting on the grassy slopes and talking.. Pradeep and his friends are not there and Kathir heaves a sigh of relief.

Mullai sits next to Anandhi...

All ask about her wound and she assures them that it is not hurting as much as before.

Kanna is fast asleep on the grass, a kerchief on his face to shield himself from the sun.

Mullai looks at him fondly...oh to be so carefree that sleep comes anywhere at anytime!!!

Je: Yenpah Mullai...ungae cousin yarukko rendu naal leh kalyanamah? Pradeep ippo dhan sonnae..

M: Aama Maama... Saranya dhan kalyana ponnu...ungallukum avalae theiryum...

That word maama...

How casually it came out of her mouth while adressing Jeeva!

For the first time in his entire life...he is a little jealous of his brother.

From when they were young, they had always been compared with one another...

But not once did Kathir feel jealous...in fact, he always felt proud of his brother... but today....

He suppresses that thought.

Jhansi walks around to come sit next to him, but Anandhi asks her to sit next to her instead.

He looks at Anandhi curiously...does she know how he feels about Mullai? Maybe it is time for him to talk to her..

Kanna stirs out of his slumber...and the minute he opens his eyes...he gets up and says..

" Pasikkuthu"

Everyone laugh at him as he looks around in confusion.

They all decide to go to a hotel for lunch..

After the meal...

K: Annae...nee ivangalae veetulae vitturu..ennaku oru payment vishayamae Shanmugam Annanae pakkonom...naan ponathae seriyae irrukum...

Je: Seri da..

He says bye to everyone and leaves...

******

That night at Mullai's house:

Even though it is not that late, Mullai's parents have already gone to sleep.

The girls are in the hall getting ready to watch a horror movie.

An: Mullai...marunthu potiya di?