♡ p r o l o g u e ♡

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║

𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙤𝙙𝙚... 0%

   °

. °. • 。Hanako . •. ° 。

The room was silent and dark, I've never been a fan of the dark but i guess i'll have to put up with it until i can finally move the rest of my stuff from my old house to the dorms. Recently, UA have decided to move us into dorms based on the increase in villain attacks, i guess it's a good idea but they didn't give us much time to move and i really miss my house.

I glance at the digital clock beside my bed, it read 2:48, great, how am i going to function properly in class tomorrow with no sleep.

Something clicked inside my brain and i decided to text my friend, Shinsou, he never sleeps and it's pretty clear by the heavy bags and dark circles that surround his eyes.

Hanako♡
hey shin, are you awake? i can't sleep lmao :)

Shinsou➹
hey, why are you up so late?

Hanako ♡
oh you know, overthinking, missing home, scared of the dark. the usual.
so are you gonna keep me company or what?

Shinsou➹
meet me in the common room rn.

I stood up from my comfy bed and grabbed my fluffy blanket to take with me, i also grabbed one for Shin but i hid it inside the other one so i can surprise him.

Unlocking my door and stepping out into the hallways of the 1-C dorms gave me a rush of adrenaline and a small feeling of anxiety and nervousness. I've never been one to break the rules, so it was new for me to be sneaking around behind my teachers' backs.

Present Mic was the teacher in charge of our dorms, so getting caught by him would be the would be one of the worst ways to get caught. I silently tiptoed down the halls to prevent waking my classmates and avoid getting caught. The air was cold and sent chills over my body, the common room better be warm, i silently prayed in my head.

I noticed the abundance of purple fluff poking out over the top of the sofa and let a small smile take over my lips. "hey shin" i said as i plopped down next to him.

"morning, Han" he grumbled with a small smile to let me know that he was only tired, not mad. "what ya got there?" he questioned as he peered over to the blanket i had in my hands.

"oh! i almost forgot," i pulled the second blanket out from underneath the one i took for myself. "i figured it would be cold so i brought you a blanket" i smiled and handed the light pink blanket to him, keeping the purple one for myself.

His eyes lit up as he threw the blanket over himself and let the warmth take over his body, as i followed his lead and did the same. "god you're a life saver i thought i was going to be frozen by the morning" he chuckled. I responded with a small laugh but before i could respond to him he spoke again. "so what's the real reason you can't sleep?" his tone was more serious and his voice dropped in volume as if he was trying to prevent me hearing the question.

A nervous chuckle shook my body to avoid me getting trapped in my own thoughts, "i already told you Shin, just stressing and sacred of the dark, nothing to worry about" i responded to his deep tone with a more happy one to try and help him believe my statement. I knew he didn't. But he accepted it.

A shiver took over my body as my muscles tensed from the cold. Despite the thick blanket that was wrapped right around my shoulders i still found myself cold in the big open space.

Shinsou noticed the small shiver and contemplated whether he should share his blanket with you or not, he chose the former.

I felt Shinsou moving around on his side of the couch, then suddenly i felt myself being pulled down. My eyes widened and i held back a yelp when i realized i was only getting closer and closer to the purple haired boy beside me.

Everything happened so fast and i let my muscles relax when i realized that me and Shinsou were now cuddling on the couch. I was still wrapped in my blanket but his was surrounding the both of us and his arms were wrapped around my waist, keeping me pressed against his chest.

"you still cold?" he muttered against the top of my head.

"um, i-no i'm good" i attempted to make myself sound less nervous, but it really didn't work.

We lay like that for a while, maybe an hour, just talking about classes, grades, heroes, villains, quirks and much more. It was nice to have a deep conversation with Shinsou, we've been friends since the beginning of school but we've never been this vulnerable and open with each other.

My eyes started to drop as i felt myself slowly falling to sleep, the warmth from Shinsou's body and the blankets was slowly lulling me to sleep. As my eyes shut for the last time i felt something on my forehead, it was small and warm, and slightly wet, i didn't realize at the time, but they were Shinsou's lips.

I woke up to my alarm, i rolled over to turn it off but stopped halfway as i realized where i was, in my room.

After a brief moment of confusion i shut off my alarm, so i don't annoy the person on the room next to me.

i then noticed my desk was different. I blinked a few times to get rid of the blurriness and slowly walked towards my desk.

The blankets from last night were neatly folded and carefully placed on top was a note and two slices of watermelon on a plate, wrapped of course. My heart and stomach did flips as i thought back to a conversation me and shin had last night.

*     ˚ .  ˚     ⋆

"what's your favourite snack?" he asked

"it's got to be watermelon, it's so nice and refreshing, especially first thing in the morning, it's the perfect way to start the day, especially after a bad night." i had spoke with enthusiasm but ended up mumbling the last part.

*     ˚ .  ˚     ⋆

I picked up the note and read it.

Hanako,
I didn't want us to get caught so i brought you back to your room, i hope you don't mind, i didn't want to wake you in case you couldn't get back to sleep again. You're lucky you left your door unlocked.
I didn't know where you kept the blankets so i just left them here.
Also i cut some watermelon for you so you could have a nice start to the day after last night, i don't know what's bothering you but i'll try my hardest to keep you distracted from whatever it is.
-Shinsou 

I smiled at the note, folded it and put it in my desk draw, not wanting to throw it away.

I ate my watermelon and text Shinsou a huge thank you, then got ready for the day, with a bright smile on my face.