Circle

The room is silent. Tension is thick in the air and if both Ricky and you are being honest. This is a long time coming. Things have been rough for a bit between the two of you. You can't even remember the last time you have been happy. It's like walking on egg shells and nails. The house that was full of happy faces now full of arguments.

Sitting across from you at the dining table, he sighs and looks down to the table. His fingers tracing a couple of the indents in the table. A time where sex was pretty regularly in the relationship versus now. The memories flash across in his mind, he feels the hurt in his chest. The heart of his cracking as he looks over to you.

He knows it's over. He's known it for awhile and apart of him wants to believe things could change. So much that he hung on for dear life, like his fingers were slowly loosing its grip till it rested to his index finger holding on still. Only now, he was loosing it because of a sweaty palm.

It's hard, to let go of someone who meant the world to him. He has too though. He has to understand that this is what it is. Accept it and let it go. He can see the hurt in your eyes, the tears falling down. He knows it's over. It's goodbye. Despite his life and future with you.

He looks at the ring on your finger. It had stayed there for as long as he can remember and now he watches you slide it off and set it down. Avoiding his eyes and looking down to your hand that was no longer wearing the ring.

He swears he hears you sniffle but he doesn't want to look up to see. He doesn't want to figure out anything else.

✧✧✧✧

"Would you change anything? If you knew how it all ended."

Ricky isn't even sure why he asked. He's not positive. He wants to say it's because if it was him. All him, he wouldn't change a thing. He would do it again over and over again. He meant everything in his vows to you.

You hesitate, you know deep down you would. You love Ricky always have. He had been your soulmate who you wished you could have found sooner. So you could loved him longer but things don't work as they should have. He had a whole life outside of you.

One that you wouldn't ever see yourself in. It's not right to make him chose between you and his music. You knew going into this what it was. You hoped you could have been more in his life but music was his first love. It always had been and you just wouldn't compete and you couldn't make him choose.

Music was in his life long before you came around. It was his main way living and supporting himself. Someone else deserved his love. His whole entire world, you didn't. You couldn't even get past this whole thing. Music had solely ruined everything you had with him because you couldn't let it go.

"I wouldn't no."

You sigh.

"I love you Ricky. Nothing has changed. I just can't compete with this lifestyle anymore. It's for the strong willed. I'm not strong enough to be the one waiting for you when you get home after so many months."

Ricky knew deep down everything. He knew this but hoped you would change things. That you would still be here. After the first year, he felt like you managed to escape the feelings. You had gotten into a routine. One that you would be able to handle and that's on him for getting and feeling safe in this relationship.

He hoped marrying you would settle any doubts in your mind. He was wrong. He always had been. He just loved you. Loved you more than any other person in his life. You were on the highest throne in his mind and he would give anything to you if you ever asked. He would do anything for you, but give up his music. He would probably do that too honestly, if you asked.

"I don't want you to leave."

You know this. You really do. You don't want to do this.

"I have too Ricky."

He nods.

"Would you do this all over again?"

He nods again, repeating his actions from before.

"I would relive all my days if it meant meeting you. I would do this all over again as many times as life let me if it meant i could be with you."

Tears are welling up in your eyes and you know he's telling the truth. Ricky never once lied to you. He never once made you doubt anything about your relationship.

Standing from your spot, you gather your things in the suitcase by the door. He is next to stand his feet moving before he can even think. A hand coming to grab yours.

"Stay the night. Please. Let me just love you for one more night before you go. Let me come to terms with this."

He clears his throat. Doing his best to hold his tears back.

"Please. Let me hold you one last time."

You nod, "Okay."

He reaches out for your hand, smiling a sad smile when you take his hand and leads you to the couch. If he has one more night with you, he is gonna make sure it's one he won't regret.